“Clean Country Pub / Top View”

The Hare and Hounds
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hare and Hounds is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Dinner for two, rib eye steaks were good, nice Portuguese lager to match.

Best al fresco dining view I've had the pleasure of in a while, so eat outside! Friendly staff, made a great effort with us.

All in all, decent pub grub, nice experience, Would certainly go back...

1  Thank SaintGilesTW
Luke T, Manager at The Hare and Hounds, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Hi there

I have to express my thanks for this fantastic review. Just goes to show that our 'Best al fresco' dining award from the Bath Good Food Awards last year still holds up.

We were even more delighted to hear that you would certainly come back, which is our main goal for all customers, so I look forward to meeting you again.

Supervisor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The service was fantastic, the staff were; efficient, caring and lovely. As for the food, it was an absolute delight. Be sure to visit for the amazing views and ambience.

Hi Kristy S

What an absolute pleasure to read such praise for our establishment. Our front of house and kitchen team, especially our new head chef, were thrilled to see how their hard work pays off.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were so looking forward to our meal at the end of a long day of sight-seeing, so were enormously disappointed that many items on the menu were not available. Perhaps it was because it was a Sunday evening, but to run out of bread, and all but bottled beer and cider among many other menu items is rather unfortunate. The food - when we had ordered from the truncated menu- was excellent, especially the pulled pork burger and the jalapeno coleslaw. Service was mediocre.

2  Thank Charmane R

Hello

First off, my apologies for the delayed response.

Here at the Hare & Hounds we try to order in the correct amount of produce to make sure all of our menu is available and we almost always get this right. But it seems we did get caught off guard on this particular Sunday and did run out of bread. My sincere apologies for this as it is not up to our very high standards of service.

However, i must address the comment about running out of 'all but bottled beer and cider'. This is simply not true and has never happened. I was the Bar Manager at the point of your visit and we have always, at all points, had all of our draught ciders, lagers and ales available. The ales are sometimes unavailable for a 20 minute period between barrels but that is all.

I am very happy to hear that the food you did receive was excellent, as were the team of excellent chefs.

In regard to the 'mediocre' service you received, I am wholeheartedly sorry. Our front of house team are, in my opinion, the best front of house team I've ever had the pleasure of working with and are getting better by the day. They were shamed to hear that they had not impressed.

Please call us on 01225 482682 to come and experience our full service.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

On a day trip to Bath we selected the Hare and Hounds on the basis of the trip adviser reviews - and they were spot on. The staff were very polite and made us very welcome. The only problem with the menu was what to decide upon as you have a lot of choice. I have to agree with the last review, the burgers and the puddings are amazing. Great surroundings with a spectacular view. Fabulous dining experience.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Myself and 3 other ladies visited this place after seeing it day after day on the park and ride bus. The views are amazing from the terrace out the back but the pulled pork burger was even better than that. The jalapeño coleslaw was a fantastic addition to the immense plate of food. Lovely!

We all ordered the same burger and all throughly enjoyed it but for me the best was yet to come...

I had the peanut butter mousse aka the best thing I've ever tasted!

My friends had the hot fudge cake which was as indulgent as it looked and one had the salted caramel tart which looked (and tasted) stunning.

All in all a great off the cuff moment and I would highly recommend you visit this place.