“Gourmet Evening”

Ranked #133 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Barbecue, British, Brew Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Rose & Crown is a gorgeous Victorian pub set in the trendy Larkhall area of Bath, often dubbed 'the village in the city'.Full of charm and character, the pub boasts wooden floors, an open fire, cosy chairs and a mediterranean style courtyard garden. It also affords a spectacular view of the famous Solsbury Hill. Food served Monday - Thursday 6-9pm (fresh soup and rolls served from 12-5pm ) Friday - Saturday 12-3pm / 6-9pm Sunday food served all day 12-9pm (roast dinners all day till we run out.)
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Had a great evening at the Rose and Crown Gourmet dinning evening on Saturday.Superb food served by dishy waiter. Gary is a great host and made us all welcome. Looking forward to the Haloween event.

We are so lucky to have such a great local pub, which serves such excellent food.

Well done Gary.

3  Thank lesleybBath

Reviewed 20 October 2012

With my partner being local to larkhall, he introduced me to this lovely, friendly pub.

The landlord is absolutely wonderful, always happy to chat and makes you feel so at home and the rest of his staff are just as wonderful.

The pub itself is wonderfully traditional without being outdated. There is always a new ale in the range whenever I go in, and Gary and his staff now know that I'll usually go for the Pinot!

There is a nice cosy restaurant area out the back and a small beer garden to enjoy a drink in the sun.

Having been there a few times, I've seen the menu change and I'm right in saying that its now near perfection. There's pub classics to choose from and Gary and his chef also put on gourmet nights which hopefully ill be sampling soon! You can also takeaway fish and chips, and after eating them in the pub I have to say how impressed I was. I don't like mushy peas but I cleared my plate.

There are also lots of events going on such as comedy nights which, along with the food, drinks and atmosphere seems to be making this traditional pub quite a destination venue as I've never seen it busier!

If you enjoy traditional pubs, good food and drinks, a great atmosphere and such friendly staff, you cannot go wrong in visiting the rose and crown in larkhall.

3  Thank Tania J