“Great food, fine wine, warm friendly atmosphere.”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #84 of 591 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Brasserie Blanc is located in the Francis Hotel on the beautiful Queen Square and within walking distance of Bath's shops, restaurants and the world famous Roman Baths & Pump Rooms. On arrival you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable team and the lively ambience is complemented by a menu inspired by the simple, hearty dishes of M. Blanc's childhood. Alongside an appetising a la carte menu and carefully selected wine list it offers an excellent value set menu and on Sundays it serves a classic roast with all the trimmings. Younger diners can choose from a special children's menu or order a half sized portion of many of the a la carte dishes on offer.Whether you are looking for a simple lunch, a romantic dinner or a family celebration it is the perfect choice!
Reviewed 10 June 2012

This is the first Brasserie Blanc we have visited and were blown away upon entering. We arrived in bath late one recent friday evening and were a bit worried as we thought we may have missed last service, however a friendly greeter assured us otherwise and led us to a table by one of the windows. The waiter was straight over to offer us a wine list and once ordered drinks arrived promptly. After spending some time perusing the menu we both opted for sirloin steaks, these arrived in good time and were cooked exactly to our liking. The side dishes were also tasty and complimented the steaks well. Desserts we thought would be a struggle to fit in but we suceeded with ease as they were a delicious end to a very nice meal. Overall, I would highly recommend this brasserie to all, the menu, decor, ambience and staff friendliness made for a delightful dining experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

We have visited twice now and on both occaisions for a pre theatre dinner. We are very familiar with the Brasserie Blanc in Cheltenham and so had very high expectations. We were not disappointed; the food was delicious on both occaisions and excellent value for money . The pea soup was very good and I also enjoyed the whiting and hock main meal and my husband loved the beef. On both occaision it was the same menu , although there are daily specials. I unfortunately had to send the panacotta back since it was rather solid but the staff were excellent and allowed me to choose another dessert.

The restaurant itself is beautifully furnished and the service first class.

This restaurant will obviously develop because it is very newly opened but as yet I do not feel
it is up to Cheltenham standards but I am certain it will get there!

Reviewed 10 June 2012

My sisters and I had lunch here last Saturday. The food was very tasty, the house wine most acceptable and the staff friendly and efficient. The set lunchtime menu offered a good range and was exceedingly reasonable - although we did go a la carte, but it was still not expensive. The decor was great (apart from the curtains) loved the floor tiles around the entrance and the bar, the table linen and cutlery etc of good quality. I have to say, if you didn't know the brasserie was there, you'd walk straight passed it - I would definitely recommend they put a bit more razzmatazz outside to lure in passing trade (suggest a couple of trees in pots or something). Definitely recommend the brasserie for an excellent (and boozy) lunchtime treat.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My wife and I ate here about a week after it opened.

- food was very good, not excellent, but very good
- lovely ambiance, nice decor
- enthusiastic service but some of the staff are obviously new to this - they'll get better over time

TIP don't expect to get english mustard with your steak!

Very welcome addition to Bath's collection of decent places to eat.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Opened recently without too much fuss or publicity, this excellent brasserie got top marks from us. Part of the recently refurbished Mercure hotel the decor is traditional French brasserie, but light and airy. We found the staff really attentive and helpful and the menu varied and interesting. As it was lunchtime we took advantage of the set meal. It was fantastic value, the portion sizes were generous, the food cooked well and you could order a glass of wine at less than half price. The deal was so good we chose the glass of Champagne!

This is a very welcome addition to Bath dining, and all we can say is many other restaurants and brasseries in Bath are going to have to lift their game to match this.