“Very good menu, excellent steak tartare”
Review of Brasserie Blanc

Brasserie Blanc
Ranked #83 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$16 - US$54
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brasserie Blanc is located in the Francis Hotel on the beautiful Queen Square and within walking distance of Bath's shops, restaurants and the world famous Roman Baths & Pump Rooms. On arrival you will be greeted by our friendly, knowledgeable team and the lively ambience is complemented by a menu inspired by the simple, hearty dishes of M. Blanc's childhood. Alongside an appetising a la carte menu and carefully selected wine list it offers an excellent value set menu and on Sundays it serves a classic roast with all the trimmings. Younger diners can choose from a special children's menu or order a half sized portion of many of the a la carte dishes on offer.Whether you are looking for a simple lunch, a romantic dinner or a family celebration it is the perfect choice!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Good, ever-changing menu but they keep the steak tartare on. It is consistently very, very good with just the right accompaniments. Love it. Come here just for this (although other dishes are good too). Cannot fault Brasserie Blanc for value either and service is good, although they could do better when a single arrives.

Blanc B, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am really delighted that you enjoyed our food especially steak tartare which is definitely my favorite dish at the moment in our restaurant.Hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Brasserie Blanc

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went there for dinner with two business associates. First impressions were a very nice ambience and efficient staff. I ordered lamb navarin which was basically dishwater with a few vegetables and some grey, gristly lumps which may possibly have started out as lamb. To follow, fruit crumble of which the only really edible part was a small blob of ice cream. The crumble seemed to consist of reconstituted grit and whatever the fruit was it had the consistency of bits of pencil eraser. Second guest was recommended the "award winning" burger which he was massively unimpressed with and in fact complained to the fairly uninterested waiter. I will say that our third team member pronounced that his fillet steak was very good, so it evidently depends very much on making the right selection. Including a bottle of unremarkable red wine, the total bill of somewhere north of a hundred pounds was frankly a rip-off. The only saving grace of the evening was that I wasn't paying! This place seems to be cashing in on the Raymond Blanc name and little else.

Blanc B, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. However I am very sorry to read you didn't enjoy your food. We encourage our waiters to check for feedback during the meal, as this gives us the opportunity to rectify any problems unfortunately when your waiter asked you no one mentioned anything, you did say about burger but that was when you already finished your meal. Is a shame that we weren’t able to rectify any misgivings on the day and we do hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went there as two couples having booked a table, got there a bit early , had to wait ages to be served a drink while we waited despite plenty of staff about, anyway having sat down we waited a while to be served no one asked us whatbdrinks we would like before asking us for our orders, wine was a very insipid malbec everything malbec isnt, food was ok but not much of it, overall disappointing for £200

Thank you for your honest feedback. Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies regarding your disappointing experience at our Brasserie. It is real shame that we were not able to impress you. I am very upset with the fact that you had to wait for a long time before anyone asked you for drinks. I will make sure this is passed on to the waiter who served you on that day.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I hesitate to write such a negative review as I understand how difficult this business is but my experience here was so bad....there was 4 of us for dinner and every dish we had was substandard .....duck cremated, 2 beef dishes ordered rare and served cooked medium well, mussels that were the all the size of a pea....wine list all mass producers very poor quality.....no one checked to see how we were, we paid the bill left and had pizza up the road.....no love in this restaurant whatsoever.......

Blanc B, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I am sure you are aware that feedback is an imperative tool in this industry and we take all matters very seriously. I am sincerely very sorry that you had a disappointing experience. This is not at all what we like to hear. I will pass this feedback to all our kitchen staff to make sure that we follow strict recipes and standards.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We paid a return visit on a Saturday evening sometime after we enjoyed a weekday evening visit. The place was busy and delightfully buzzy and we were welcomed in and given a table amongst the hubbub. The four of us thoroughly enjoyed 3 courses from the prix fixee at a terrific reasonably £16.95, which for this month only included a free glass of house wine (usually a very reasonable £2.50 with this menu). The food was cooked well and presented with care. Our server hit just the right note of being attentive but not over bearing. All in all, for a little under £100 (including a decent bottle of white) for four people, for 2 hours of relaxing entertainment I couldn't' fault it. Thoroughly recommended.

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your Saturday dinner. We always try to make sure that all of our customers having fantastic experience in our restaurant.