“Amazing”
Review of Allium Restaurant

Allium Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Allium Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 612 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Allium Brasserie opened in 2012 and serves a variety of dishes from light lunches to a la carte dinner from 12 noon until 9pm (10pm on Friday and Saturdays). A superb range of dishes, using the freshest, seasonal ingredients, are created by head chef Chris Staines and his team. Terrace dining can be enjoyed when the weather is good, where you can also enjoy coffees and afternoon teas - also served in the Allium Lounge where you are surrounded by original artworks in an ever-changing exhibition. One the most exciting restaurants in Bath.
Reviewed 6 April 2013

we are visiting bath for our mini moon and stumbled across this fantastic restaurant.
The staff were incredibly attentive and our server George was fantastic. The food was superb and great value you for money. I highly recommend this restaurant.

jeffsgillard, Manager at Allium Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Both George and myself are delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us. We hope to see you again when you return to Bath.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had previously had a memorable dinner in the Allium and this time, after an afternoon cinema showing, popped in for a set meal. We had three courses for £19 and the food was just superb. Imaginative presentation are coupled with exciting flavours. The service is charming. We will certainly be going again for both the set meal and for dinner.

1  Thank ViewerBath
jeffsgillard, General Manager at Allium Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Many thanks for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This is a relatively new restaurant located in the Abbey Hotel. The head chef has an excellent pedigree and is displaying considerable skill with his creative menus here. The food is exciting and beautifully presented. The newly refurbished restaurant is elegant and tasteful. The tables are well spaced offering high levels of privacy between diners. The staff are all very attentive and friendly. They are still finding their feet slightly in the wine department but we spoke with their newly appointed drinks manager who assures us that the next time we visit, we can expect a much greater choice. Having said that, we didn't feel that we needed to compromise greatly with the wines we chose. a very enjoyable experience.
Get in quickly before the prices rise. I predict that this will soon become the hot ticket in Bath.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your comments on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that your meal was enjoyable. You will be pleased to hear that both our cocktail menu and new (94 bin) wine list are now in place and the staff are ungoing some intese training on both. I am sure that when you visit again you will see a noticable difference. Regards Jeff

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Before our recent trip to Bath, I did a bit of research to make sure we had at least one exceptional meal there. I chose the Allium Brassierie because the chef, Chris Staines, had been head chef at Foliage, Mandarin Oriental where he had a Michelin star for 7 years. Before that, he had been a chef at Marco Pierre White's The Oak Room. The Allium won Bath Good Food Awards last year in the best newcomer category, so we were really excited to be eating there. We were not disappointed. What a wonderful treat.
The restaurant has high ceilings and big windows with some period detail remaining. But the decor is modern and quite playful. I think the juxtaposition of the two works really well.
That same contrast between traditional and modern playfulness carries over very successfully to the dishes on offer.
(They let me take a menu away, which was helpful in writing this review) I couldn't resist trying the mandarin segments stuffed with shrimp jam, peanuts and coriander as a starter. I couldn't imagine what this combination would taste like, but decided that for 3.50 pounds I would take the risk. They were so delicious, I ordered a second plate. My main course was slow cooked pork belly, which, again, was perfectly prepared.
My sister, who is a vegetarian, had the beetroot salad with goat cheese to start, and the gnocchi for her main course. She said that, although the vegetarian choices were very limited, this was the best vegetarian meal she had ever eaten in a restaurant.
The waitress was great, enthusiastic and attentive, but not hovering.
I will definitely return here on future Bath visits.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us at Allium. I look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Great staff, great wine and dishes bursting with flavour......will be going here again soon! No one in Bath seems to know this place exists.......they should it's fabulous, I had the roast loin of pork......superb, my dining partner had the bream also excellent. Nice surroundings and not pretentious.......

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.