“Everything depends on timing”
Review of Club XL

Club XL
Ranked #41 of 46 Nightlife in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: CLubXL is the largest Nightclub in the centre of Bath. The nightclub has a very large dance floor, 4 bars and bookable party booths ideally suited to Hen Night and Stag Night Party Groups looking for a great night out. The club offers a wide range of Nightclub Party Nights ranging from Student Nights on Mondays to our Saturday Night Club Party. As the largest night spot in the city, we specialise in booking visiting Hen Night and Hen Party Groups along with Stag Parties and many other Party Group Bookings. Our drinks are reasonably priced and our DJ's play a great selection of club party music. We are the Largest Hen and Stag Party Venue in the area that specialises in providing a great down to earth Night Club party that is guaranteed to let you have a no holds barred fun night out. We look forward to seeing you for a great night on the town.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We've been twice (saturdays every time) in club XL this month and it is a tough pill to shallow.
If you go on a rainy day, because its a bit on the outskirts, the place will be empty until 00.30-01.00. On a fine day, it had twice the amount of people.
Generally though, the best hour to be there is 00.30 to 1:30 when the dancefloor is packed.

nevertheless, the design is stuck in a weird 80s disco nightmare and the croud is a mix of bachelor party girls and young undergrads.

if you go with some friends and u are up for dancing, you can have a good time.

But the 6gbp entrance with no drink is preposterous for this type of place.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I went to ClubXL in Bath recently and I was pleasantly surprised by how good a night I had.
The club has been around for years but it seems to have recently reinvented itself as a great destination for Hen and Stag Parties. I went along for a Stag Do and was impressed by the cheap drinks and the great party atmosphere. Can recommend as a great party club.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I booked the best Hen Night in Bath recently at ClubXL. And what a great night it was?
Reading the reviews on Trip Advisor made me a bit worried, but the club website was very good
and made the place look very inviting. We decided to book a party booth for our Hen Party and give the club a go.

On arrival I was surprised, unlike in other reviews, to find the bouncers friendly and helpful.
We were immediately ushered in with our Club VIP queue jump bookings which avoided any delay.

The manager showed us to our party booth which was pre-decorated with banners and some free booze. Our group of 17 girls settled in for the night happy with our initial impressions of the Club.

The night progressed brilliantly with the DJ happily playing our requests and the staff doing a splendid and attentive job of keeping us happy. The club was every bit as large as it appeared on the website and there were a large number of similar minded hen night and stag party groups in. The club hotted up with a great party atmosphere as the night progressed with the other Hen Nights and Stags all having a great time. As a destination for a Hen night in Bath I cannot fault it as the club is ideally suited for big parties and set up to cater for large numbers of Party Groups.

We all had the best night out and thoroughly enjoyed the party atmosphere of the club.

I would have no problems in recommending the nightclub as a great club to have a hen party or any good night out...

Reading the other bad reviews on the club spurred me on to write this review as I was really pleasantly surprised by how good it actually was and I felt the reviews did not give it a fair picture.

Regarding Smells – I didn’t detect any other than the usual smell of any busy nightclub.
The Bouncers were polite and friendly considering how busy the club was.
The drinks were very reasonably priced especially after the horrific prices of some of the Bath bars that we had visited earlier.

I can only conclude that the bad reviews were from people that visited the club with no real idea of what they were after. I.e. an older guy visiting a student night and a lady with a really snobby attitude as in “it attracts the worse crowd”.

I would love to know what she means by the worse crowd, I guess she means me and my friends?

What do they expect? This was a club for several hundred people looking to Party not an upper class bar for a quiet drink and canapes!

If you are after a busy club where you can let your hair down and have a real party then ClubXL is great in my book.

6  Thank Katie J
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Rude, poor service, awful watered down drinks! Don't bother! Full of wasters that don't know what a real night out looks like if it bit them in the backside! Don't get me started in on the bouncers they are more willing to start a fight with you than any of the patrons! I hope you read this management because its disgusting! Smells bad and attracts the worst crowd! Don't think I could give a worse review to be honest!

1  Thank Sshhwwaa
Andy943, Manager at Club XL, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

I am sorry you were not impressed with our club.

We have many thousands of visitors every year and I must say nearly all of them have a good time and the feedback we get is generally excellent. ClubXl is a the Biggest Club in Bath and is designed to be a great party club. The club is not meant to be a sophisticated late night drinking bar, it is meant to be a busy party bar and a club where you can have a good dance and let your hair down. Unfortunately we cannot please all the people all of the time.

We pride ourselves on providing a great party atmosphere, reasonably priced drinks and a good value no frills party night out.

Our "bouncers" are all professional door safe registered members who have an important job In keeping the club safe, they are not meant to be smiling hosts, they are there to keep trouble out of the club for which they do an admirable job.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We visited this club as part of our friends hen party weekend. The staff are so friendly and obliging, nothing was too much trouble for them. We had booked a table as there were 15 of us, and they had decorated it with banners which we thought was a really nice touch. The music was brilliant, and there was a really nice atmosphere all night. The only downside is that the drinks are quite pricey, but apart from that we would definitely return and recommend to anyone looking for a good night out!