“Making fudge in Bath”
Review of Fudge Kitchen

Fudge Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 173 things to do in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Fudge Kitchen Bath. Come and visit us when you're in Bath to try a free sample of our amazing fudge. Marvel at our amazing fudgeteers. Buy some fudge, be happy. Open 10-6 every day.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Having been bought a fudge making experience for my 21st , me and my girlfriend went to enjoy our 2 hour experience at bath. We were greeted by a team of enthusiastic workers who were keen for us to start. Once we were equipped with our aprons and hats we were lead through the process of making fudge, and for the most part able to get hands on to make the fudge ourselves. I can't recommend this enough and to top it off we came away with 6 pieces of fudge ( and 2 extra pieces for making excellent fudge). If your in the Bath area it is definitely worth a visit.

All reviews
"gifts"
"abbey"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Happened upon this shop after visiting the Roman Baths. My fiance and I were looking for lunch and were made aware of the place by an enthusiastic guy outside We needed food first but promised to come back after and i'm glad we did. We both tried some sea salted vanilla or butterscotch, I can't remember exactly as I was overcome but chocolate orange. It was fantastic. The other one was very nice but more to my fiances tastes.
Going order some more online

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

This is one of many occasions when i have visited the fudge kitchen and have never been disappointed yet.
You are offered a free sample of fudge which many people take advantage of without buying but i can never resist!
From the moment you walk in the smell of the warm fudge is lovely. And watching it being made by hand so that it is the perfect consistency is a delight to watch for children and adults.
The staff are always friendly.
I personally dont think this fudge is 'expensive' as you pay around £3 for a bag with the same weight of average dry fudge from a shop. Personally for just over £1 i would rather have the fudge kitchens fudge which is fresh, warm, slighly hard on the outside and then the middle melts in your mouth!
And there is so many delicious flavours to choose from.
Getting some fudge from here has been a treat for me since i was a child and as an adult i still cannot go shopping to bath without stopping here and buying some.
I hope bath never loses the fudge kitchen as it truly is a unique place.
Pop in you will not be disappointed!

Tess R, Sales Assistant at Fudge Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thanks for your great review Ellan Steven! Don't forget you can buy our fudge, fresh, online to bide the time until your next visit to Bath - we've also got shops all over the UK if you're ever in other areas of the UK (Oxford, York, Windsor and more!). Enjoy your fudge!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We first came across Fudge Kitchen at a food festival about 3 and a half years ago, bought some delicious fudge and then promptly forgot all about it until our visit to Bath this weekend. The shop is very small, but that is partly because a large amount of the floor space is dedicated to the creation of fudge and so, while one of the employees fed the masses samples and served chunks of fudge to customers, another stood over a massive, boiling pot stirring and discussing the creation of fudge. At the point in which the fudge reached it's ideal temperature, both members of staff stopped what they were doing in order to lift the huge, boiling pan and pour the contents onto a marble table with a metal frame in order to speed up the cooling process.

We were invited to try any of the fudges which were currently available and left with a chunk of chocolate fudge along with a mug that included some sauce to make some hot fudge drunk, which we tried this evening and were really impressed with. Several people wandered in, sampled the fudge and walked out without purchasing and the staff didn't seem at all bothered or insulted, in fact they seemed to actively encourage random sampling.

I am currently thinking that I need to get some more fudge mugs as Christmas presents for people because it was so tasty and I would definitely recommend popping into this store if you are in Bath for a day.

Tess R, Sales Assistant at Fudge Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

TeacherCat27 - thank you so much for your lovely, detailed review of your trip to our shop! We have loads of great christmas gift ideas including our 'home kits' which provides you with everything you need to make our fudge at home! As well as fudge making experience days - all available in store, see you soon! Enjoy your chocolate fudge and drinking fudge!