“Fab steak and choc ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of No. 5 BISTRO - CLOSED

No. 5 BISTRO
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fab steak and choc ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

After having a delicious goats cheese salad to start with, I ordered the sirloin steak and asked for it to be cooked 'medium'. It came out perfect, with a well dressed salad and delicious fries. The chocolate ice cream is to die for and i will be returning!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Disappointing unwillingness to cater for dietary needs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

My sister and I are taking mum out for a birthday meal this Sunday. I phoned the restaurant early last Wednesday evening to book a table, and advised them that mum was coeliac and lactose intolerant - Could they cater for her?! I spoke to a very friendly waitress, who took our booking, but she didn't actually confirm they could cater for mum, so I asked her to check they would be able to!! I heard her speak to the chef, who confirmed they could leave any components off the plate that she couldn't have. She was confident they could cater for starter and main. I then asked her to confirm they could offer a dessert course - It is mum's birthday after all!! She initially said no, and then suggested a fruit salad after I pushed for an effort. I asked if the chef could produce something a little more interesting - given that it was Wednesday and we're not due there until Sunday. She spoke to the chef, who said "no". I told her as it was a special birthday meal, we would have to go elsewhere. To give her credit, she did speak to the chef again, but he was clear that it was too much trouble to make the effort. Incredibly disappointing - it's not rocket science - A lazy chef in my opinion, and definitely will be recommending anyone I know to steer clear!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lisa H
Anton A, Owner at No. 5 BISTRO, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear Lisa H.,
First of all, I wish happy birthday to your mum, and I apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused. But as you have said in your review we would have been able to cater for celiac and lactose intolerant and offered you some options for a starter and a main. Unfortunately our chefs do not have the adequate ingredients to prepare a dessert for such needs but nevertheless we did offer you a fruit cocktail. We welcome you to come to our restaurant and bring your own cake, so maybe you will be able to write a review after actually having been here.

P.s.: I am sorry to say this, but you can't review a restaurant without having been there!!!
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Decided to try this place after reading Tripadvisor reviews. Not disappointed. We had fillet steak and the cod and chorizo special. Both beautifully presented and tasted delicious. Service was excellent and the live jazz a bonus. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited February 2014
“Excellent Service & Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, great tentative service along with fantastic food, freshly prepared, definitely be back.

• Visited March 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent food, fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I ate here with a friend on Valentine's weekend and was thoroughly impressed. Outstanding food cooked to perfection, good wines and superb service by the owner. Just the perfect dining experience, attentive but not intrusive. Concise menu of simple yet delicious dishes. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2014