“Excellent restaurant which we accidentally found”
Review of No. 5 BISTRO - CLOSED

No. 5 BISTRO
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Essex, UK
“Excellent restaurant which we accidentally found”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just looking for a place to eat, there are about 4 different places to pick in this location/road but picked this one for the look and feel, it has a great atmosphere, good for a romantic meal or special occasion. We only had one course as had a large lunch but was really good food, we had the steak - perfect!

• Visited May 2014

Winchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ended up here as a happy accident as other restaurants we'd tried were fully booked....lucky for us. Food and service were outstanding. Can't recommend this enough!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank melanie l
Boston
“Fabulous food & atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This little gem on the bridge served the best food I had in England, causing me to return for a 2nd night, when I was greeted like an old friend with a complimentary Kir Royale. I can't be effusive enough about the Coq au Vin! The aspargus & goat cheese salad was also excellent, & the Boeuf Bourgignon was delicious comfort food, though a tiny bit too salty for my taste. The jazz trio from Bristol plays standards w/ a French swing two nights a week.
I loved the warm attention by the staff & owner while I was traveling solo. Unlike other reviewers, I had no problem being seated without having made a reservation, but I was on Continental time, so I didn't arrive until 8:30-9:00pm, so perhaps it is more crowded earlier in the evening.
Please be sure to dine at No. 5 Bistro while you're in Bath - you will be delighted with your evening and will wonder why there isn't a line out the door at this charming bistro.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BostonTraveler W
Bath
“Excellent little bistro - book in advance!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a lovely little bistro, cooking authentic French classics. Great value, good food and pleasant service - happy to make a small change for me. Worth making a reservation as I have tried a few times in the spur of the moment and it was fully booked.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CountessBath
Northampton, United Kingdom
“What a find!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

If you are in Bath and enjoy Classic French food with a true bistro atmosphere look no further!! From the warm welcome to the classic French dishes this place is a class act. Go and try it you will not be dissapointed.

1 Thank John B