“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 4 Beaufort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
4 Beaufort
Ranked #106 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

When planning a recent visit to Bath the first thing I noticed when researching places to stay was that the prices quoted on the web sites were generally not for the rooms displayed. While the banner would say from £80, the beautiful room shown in the picture was closer to £250 and the £80 room was far smaller with generic features that you would find in any big chain. So with this in mind when I stumbled across 4 Beaufort I was delighted with the style and the character of the house at fantastic rates.

If anything 4 Beaufort is even nicer in real life. The house is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed with bespoke features throughout. Our room and ensuite bathroom were both immaculately clean, with lots of nice touches like robes, fruit, cohocolate and fresh milk for your tea. There was also a discrete television and DVDs and lots of books on Bath and the surrounding area.

Lynn is an absolute pleasure, nothing is too much trouble. Booking was easily arranged, and with a little correspondence Lynn agreed to assist me with a surprise proposal I was planning for my partner, which really made our stay.

We though the location of 4 Beaufort was great; less than a 20 minute walk into Bath, with a very nice pub for lunch (the King William) on the way. We stopped in and enjoyed a delicious lunch on our way to the Spa.

We would highly recommend 4 Beaufort, it has all the style and elegance of a boutique hotel at very reasonable B&B prices. We look forward to staying again. Thank you so much

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Lynn runs a clean and beautifully appointed B&B that feels more like being at home. Although the single room is not huge, it has everything that you could possibly need for a short stay, and I especially appreciated the munchies in the drawer when I finally returned in the evening!

I got lost when trying to find it - don't take the Google route up Snow Hill unless you feel the need to work up a sweat! Continue along London Road until the road forks and follow the sign on the left for St Saviours Church, and then turn left into Claremont Road - yes, it is still a hill, (it is Bath, after all) but considerably easier than Snow Hill!!

After calling Lynn for emergency directions, I arrived a few minutes later to have a pot of tea and biscuits waiting for me. Lynn also pointed out the easy route back into town (as above in reverse) which saved me arriving at a wedding looking a sweating beetroot!

The bathroom for the single room is large and light, and has a selection of quality products, soft fluffy towels and a bathrobe I actually contemplated wearing to the wedding!

The bed was incredibly comfortable - I can't remember the last time I slept so well.

The view from the breakfast table in the sitting room takes you through the garden to the hills opposite and is the perfect way to enjoy the amazing breakfast - a basket with a lovely selection of organic cereals, yoghurts, fresh berries accompanied by juice, toast, tea or coffee - you won't need to eat again all day!

Lynn is the perfect hostess; welcoming, friendly, and interested - and runs what is probably the best B&B I've stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at 4Beaufort after a long drive from Scotland. From the moment I arrived when I was warmly welcomed by Lynn till the moment I left the next day having enjoyed a bountiful breakfast this B&B was perfect. The single room was beautifully furnished with some cracking ideas of how to use space effectively - it has the most comfortable bed I've slept in since childhood, long long ago (!) and a Tardis sized perfect bathroom. Fixtures, fittings and food aside, I felt Lynn took a real interest in me as a guest and our conversation was so easy and natural.

Simply put, this is the best B&B I've stayed in, not just in Bath, but in the South of England. It is Perfect!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend, we were both very impressed would defiantly return!
We were made to feel very at home by Lynn, who was happy to help with any of our questions about where to eat ect.
The room was beautifully decorated, spotless with a beautiful view from the breakfast table!
I enjoyed the breakfast provided of yogurt, fresh fruit and cereal and my husband had a great full cooked breakfast.
The walk into bath was about a 20 minute down hill with lovely views across the city, 4 beaufort is in a great location.
Definitely recommend staying here!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband, daughter and I recently had the pleasure of staying at 4 Beaufort. We arrived and were warmly welcomed by Lynn. The guest sitting is a lovely space to sit and relax.

We stayed in the master guest room - a truly beautiful room. Lynn has great taste and the room is divine, you are almost sad to leave to go and explore Bath. The B&B is a comfortable walk into Bath - we went both up and down the hill. You can enjoy the scenery while strolling along.

Your evening can begin with a delightful bath, fluffy towels and bath robe. The king size bed is wonderfully comfortable and you will feel rested! In the morning you have a delicious breakfast.

If you are considering booking 4 Beaufort - my advice is to do it!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

It was great luck that I met 4 Beaufort.
Host was really kind and let me feel jusk like at home.
House and room were very clean , beautifully decorated , garden was good too.
Amenities were also great.
Especiallt, English breakfast was superb !!!
It was my first experience for B&B and English breakfast . And they were much more than expected.
I was really moved her kindness and pretty house.
4 beaufort couldn't be better. It doesn't need to be better. IT IS PERFECT ♥
I hope I could stay there again with my husband & kids in the future !

• Stayed August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed in the king size room at 4 Beaufort. There is a beautiful and extensive view through the large sash windows, which can be enjoyed from the window seat. The room itself is spacious, elegant and stylish, with quality fittings. The bathroom is large and bright, with a roll top bath and a separate shower. Every detail had been thought through carefully, from the fluffy bathrobe to the quality tea-pigs and organic coffee. The bed was superbly comfortable, with a good quality mattress and bedding. Breakfast is taken in the room at a lovely table in the window, overlooking the garden. I found plentiful supplies in the fridge and Lynn brought up toast, butter and preserves. She also offered me a cooked breakfast, but I found the substantial continental breakfast, including fruit, was plenty for me. I was made to feel very welcome, and enjoyed having the option of a late check out at 11.00 a.m. Overall, it was an excellent stay and I highly recommend 4 Beaufort.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo