“Luxurious B&B - an oasis of calm!”
Review of 4 Beaufort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
4 Beaufort
Ranked #107 of 154 Bath B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Luxurious B&B - an oasis of calm!”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

4 Beaufort is a beautifully presented B&B with thoughtful attention to detail. The King Room made for a wonderful 3 night stay. The bed was very comfortable and I enjoyed all the little touches such as books, sweets and even a hot water bottle. The en suite contains a bath and a power shower as well as fluffy towels and robes. Something really unique about 4 Beaufort is that breakfast is served in the room. A table is laid in the room for guests each evening and a mini fridge is stocked with yogurts, fruit, cereal, tea, coffee and juice. There is also a hot breakfast menu from which you can place your order, there is however a small charge for this. Whilst 4 Beaufort enjoys lovely views of the surrounding countryside, it is approximately 30 minutes walk into the centre of Bath. Overall I would definitely recommend The King Room at 4 Beaufort to anyone looking to pamper themselves for a long weekend.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Beautifully situated, with stunning views from the windows. The bedroom was nicely decorated, cosy, warm and very clean. And so was the bathroom... The breakfast was delicious and I will never forget the taste of coffee served with it... It added something special to quiet mornings, which I spent admiring the autumn landscape.
Lynn is an absolutely lovely person - very helpful and hospitable. From the very first second of my arrivial she made me feel at home. She advised me a nice route to the centre- I enjoyed the walks every single day and each time discovered something new about Bath.
I highly recommend 4 Beaufort. Lynn and her lovely B&B wil make your visit to Bath an unforgettable one.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Zofia C
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We only stayed one night here with our son. Lynn was lovely. The breakfast was sweet and the room perfectly accommodated the 3 of us...nice stand alone tub - clean towels. Lynn had put out some books on our son's bed she thought he would like to read...nice touch. The resto down the hill she recommended was very good and we had a great time there. It is NOT easy to find. So make sure you get uber good directions. It was not a walk into town for us (it was cold...one of the coldest Easter time breaks on record...and we had a 9 year old with us) but I think probably it is not a realistic walk for many people for many reasons. I would stay here again for sure. We only had the one night so we didn't 'dig in' so I don't have a lot more details to give. Again...stay here with confidence - it is the real deal kind of B & B. p.s. know that the breakfast is not the kind you come down to a large room and eat with others kind of sumptuous breakfast. It is a much lighter, in your room thing and you will be up-charged for many of the items so make sure you know that in advance and it won't be a negative for you.

Room Tip: It is very small so you will get what you get.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We recently stopped here for one night and I have to say this is by far one of the best B&Bs we've come across! Lynn's home is beautiful and she has carefully thought out what guests would like to have during a stay and has provided amply (such as chocolate in the fridge, dressing gowns, books to mull over, tea and biccies on arrival). We loved having the delicious continental breakfast at our leisure in our room - it made for a nice relaxing start to the day, overlooking the garden with just out of bed hair.
The evening before we took turns to baby watch whilst enjoying the roll top bath - nice and decadent! I'm trying to think of any downsides to this place in and I struggle to come up with any bar a lack of travel cot which they don't have for health and safety reasons, and that was absolutely fine for us as we were only there for the one night.
The best part of this place (there are so many though) is that Lynn is a genuinely lovely person who we could have spent all weekend chatting baby-stuff and carpets* with. Next time we will come for longer!
*I was a BIG fan of the stair runner. I realise this makes me sound massively dorky. Don't let that put you off!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

When planning a recent visit to Bath the first thing I noticed when researching places to stay was that the prices quoted on the web sites were generally not for the rooms displayed. While the banner would say from £80, the beautiful room shown in the picture was closer to £250 and the £80 room was far smaller with generic features that you would find in any big chain. So with this in mind when I stumbled across 4 Beaufort I was delighted with the style and the character of the house at fantastic rates.

If anything 4 Beaufort is even nicer in real life. The house is beautiful and the rooms are well appointed with bespoke features throughout. Our room and ensuite bathroom were both immaculately clean, with lots of nice touches like robes, fruit, cohocolate and fresh milk for your tea. There was also a discrete television and DVDs and lots of books on Bath and the surrounding area.

Lynn is an absolute pleasure, nothing is too much trouble. Booking was easily arranged, and with a little correspondence Lynn agreed to assist me with a surprise proposal I was planning for my partner, which really made our stay.

We though the location of 4 Beaufort was great; less than a 20 minute walk into Bath, with a very nice pub for lunch (the King William) on the way. We stopped in and enjoyed a delicious lunch on our way to the Spa.

We would highly recommend 4 Beaufort, it has all the style and elegance of a boutique hotel at very reasonable B&B prices. We look forward to staying again. Thank you so much

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Lynn runs a clean and beautifully appointed B&B that feels more like being at home. Although the single room is not huge, it has everything that you could possibly need for a short stay, and I especially appreciated the munchies in the drawer when I finally returned in the evening!

I got lost when trying to find it - don't take the Google route up Snow Hill unless you feel the need to work up a sweat! Continue along London Road until the road forks and follow the sign on the left for St Saviours Church, and then turn left into Claremont Road - yes, it is still a hill, (it is Bath, after all) but considerably easier than Snow Hill!!

After calling Lynn for emergency directions, I arrived a few minutes later to have a pot of tea and biscuits waiting for me. Lynn also pointed out the easy route back into town (as above in reverse) which saved me arriving at a wedding looking a sweating beetroot!

The bathroom for the single room is large and light, and has a selection of quality products, soft fluffy towels and a bathrobe I actually contemplated wearing to the wedding!

The bed was incredibly comfortable - I can't remember the last time I slept so well.

The view from the breakfast table in the sitting room takes you through the garden to the hills opposite and is the perfect way to enjoy the amazing breakfast - a basket with a lovely selection of organic cereals, yoghurts, fresh berries accompanied by juice, toast, tea or coffee - you won't need to eat again all day!

Lynn is the perfect hostess; welcoming, friendly, and interested - and runs what is probably the best B&B I've stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed at 4Beaufort after a long drive from Scotland. From the moment I arrived when I was warmly welcomed by Lynn till the moment I left the next day having enjoyed a bountiful breakfast this B&B was perfect. The single room was beautifully furnished with some cracking ideas of how to use space effectively - it has the most comfortable bed I've slept in since childhood, long long ago (!) and a Tardis sized perfect bathroom. Fixtures, fittings and food aside, I felt Lynn took a real interest in me as a guest and our conversation was so easy and natural.

Simply put, this is the best B&B I've stayed in, not just in Bath, but in the South of England. It is Perfect!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family