“Great Country Pub with glorious views of the Avon valley”
Review of The Rose and Crown - CLOSED

The Rose and Crown
Reviewed 28 May 2013

With glorious views of the Avon valley and Avon river as a backdrop this pub breaks all the rules for British pubs . An extensive menu ( I had the chicken curry which was superb ) great inside / outside seating and free parking just 2.5 miles from city centre Bath. You need to watch for its entrance off middle stoke with a tight turn left up the hill. Once there enjoy the beer, food and those glorious views!

Reviewed 12 September 2012

What a shame. This was one of my favourite pubs to have sunday Lunch in. The previous manageress could not do enough for you, and the food was 10/10. Went there on Sunday for the first time in a while as we have been going off for the day in the summer. I chose the cod and chips. The fish was ok, batter a bit tasteless but the flesh lovely. The chips were half cooked. My partner went for the "Award winning sunday lunch". I can think of plenty of awards this would win, and none of them good. Her roast chicken breast was tough and dry. I like dry chicken myself, but even I couldnt eat it. The veg was like the chips -half cooked, once again like me veg crunchy, but this was near raw. My daughter had nuggets, which she ate, but left the chips -unheard of, and my mum had breaded mushroom starter as her main (small appetite), which she said were ok. I was tempted with the steak and Kidney pudding (a superb dish under the last chef), so glad I didnt as it would have ruined my memories of a top meal. The waiter was appologetic and gave the excuse they were busy (it was nearly empty!!!), but he said he would pass the comments on to the chef. I do hope he did, as lessons need to be learned. Prices were reasonable if the food was better cooked. This was a great pub, but I doubt I will be going back for a while. On the plus side, all staff were courteous and we didnt have to wait long.

1  Thank The_Fragster
KimCrosby83, Manager at The Rose and Crown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Since this comment The Rose and Crown is now under new management!

We hope you will come back and retry the food here.