“Amazing - Above and Beyond”
Review of The Rose and Crown - CLOSED

The Rose and Crown
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Amazing - Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were on a hen weekend 8th June and found thid pub on the way to our accomadation.
We arrived at he pub at 5pm very hungry and wanting to eat before our mad night out, we were told the chef didn't start till 6pm, but they called him and he came in early especially for us. The food was great and the service 2nd to none. They also allowed us to borrow their telephone to sort out taxis for our night out. Then the manageress/owner? came out to our table with a free shot for each of our 8 hen party.
We then asked if they opened for breakfast on te Sunday, they said they didn't only for lunch at 11.
On our way to the car they ran after us and said the chef would buy us the ingredients for breakfast the next morning and they would open at 10.30 for us.
We really couldn't believe what great service this was, certainly above and beyond what u would expect in a pub. A pub where we come from ( EXETER) Would certainly never go this far out of theirway to accomadate.
This is highly reccommended, amazing service and great food, what more could you ask for.
Thank you very much - the 8 hens from 8th -9th June :)

• Visited June 2013
KimCrosby83, Manager at The Rose and Crown, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you for your review we really appreciate your feedback!

We are glad you enjoyed your experience here with us at The Rose and Crown.

We enjoyed having you here and we hope the Bride has an excellent wedding!

Thanks!

Devizes, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food and beers”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Four adults and 4months young baby, birthday meal for me, balloons and table decorated,(pre-arranged) nothing was too much trouble. Baby's bottle and baby food heated to mums requirements. Extensive menu and an old favourite that I treated myself too .... The T.BONE STEAK, cooked, to perfection, what more can i say! Huge place inside with lots of space between tables to get around and a beer garden with views. Kim and Daryl the 'new managers' are very pleasant and happy to please to make your visit a good experience. A good time was had by all of us, can"t recommend this place enough.......visited few times since b'day in March and pleased each time. just wish it was closer to us.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Eileen5503
“Excellent Food and great value for money....landlord and landlady very friendly and welcoming”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Try it, you will like it... The prices are reasonable and the food is great, plenty of parking, Beer Garden good beers and plenty of room.

• Visited May 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your experience at The Rose and Crown and have been happy to have you in again since!

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Busselton
“Great Country Pub with glorious views of the Avon valley”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

With glorious views of the Avon valley and Avon river as a backdrop this pub breaks all the rules for British pubs . An extensive menu ( I had the chicken curry which was superb ) great inside / outside seating and free parking just 2.5 miles from city centre Bath. You need to watch for its entrance off middle stoke with a tight turn left up the hill. Once there enjoy the beer, food and those glorious views!

• Visited May 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“a real shame”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

What a shame. This was one of my favourite pubs to have sunday Lunch in. The previous manageress could not do enough for you, and the food was 10/10. Went there on Sunday for the first time in a while as we have been going off for the day in the summer. I chose the cod and chips. The fish was ok, batter a bit tasteless but the flesh lovely. The chips were half cooked. My partner went for the "Award winning sunday lunch". I can think of plenty of awards this would win, and none of them good. Her roast chicken breast was tough and dry. I like dry chicken myself, but even I couldnt eat it. The veg was like the chips -half cooked, once again like me veg crunchy, but this was near raw. My daughter had nuggets, which she ate, but left the chips -unheard of, and my mum had breaded mushroom starter as her main (small appetite), which she said were ok. I was tempted with the steak and Kidney pudding (a superb dish under the last chef), so glad I didnt as it would have ruined my memories of a top meal. The waiter was appologetic and gave the excuse they were busy (it was nearly empty!!!), but he said he would pass the comments on to the chef. I do hope he did, as lessons need to be learned. Prices were reasonable if the food was better cooked. This was a great pub, but I doubt I will be going back for a while. On the plus side, all staff were courteous and we didnt have to wait long.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank The_Fragster
Since this comment The Rose and Crown is now under new management!

We hope you will come back and retry the food here.