“Lovely lunch”

Ranked #113 of 613 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had a very pleasant, relaxing time, our waiter - Buckley - was charming and very helpful and the food delicious. We will definitely go there again.

Graze B, Front Office Manager at Graze Bar- Brewery and Chophouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your review. Our team love to know when they've made a difference to someone's day, and a pleasant, relaxing, delicious lunch would certainly make me happy.

We look forward to seeing you again soon, thanks again for taking the time to review us on trip advisor.

Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went for drinks rather than the food as we had already eaten...however, the food did look good.

They have a good selection of keg and cask beer...we sat out on the terrace which was quite elegant...

Thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor. We do have a good selection of beer, Platform 3 is brewed here on site in our micro brewery and we have it in both keg and cask form.

Next time come hungry and try our delicious new Summer menu, it won't disappoint. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The decor is appealing and on a very sunny day the restaurant was light, airy, roomy and pleasant. Unfortunately the kitchen seemed to experience a total meltdown even though they were not overly busy. The starter was nice -- a very tasty cauliflower soup -- although not very large especially for the price. An hour later -- finally! -- our mains arrived. I asked for my cheeseburger medium rare and the server told me it comes medium -- in retrospect, a bad sign indicating that cooking to the customer's preference was beyond the kitchen's capability. Indeed, "medium" turned out to be overcooked. Instead of a juicy burger at this so-called "chophouse" I got a dry and overcooked burger on a dry and mealy bun. For £12.95, that's just wrong. Bath Ales, the owner of the restaurant, are a local business and I would like to see them succeed. But they need to raise their standard to an acceptable level that matches their high prices, or it's their own fault.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First impression was good-nice welcome,shown to a table, given menus and introduced to our waiter who was friendly and attentive. Just wanted a quick lunchtime 'bite' so we both ordered sandwiches - highly priced so expected quality- how wrong we were! Steak sandwich comprised heavy roll (poss ciabatta), overcooked meat, smothered with lashings of Dijon which rendered half the roll inedible! The chicken with tarragon mayo was basic in the extreme with no choice of brown or white bread and absolutely zero garnish with either. Slight improvement on the speed of service since my first visit a few months ago but far less busy this time. Such a shame -so much potential in terms of location and atmosphere but badly let down by the quality of food and general oganisation.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Came here for dinner with my girlfriend on a Monday night. Menu is a little bit small and they seemed short staffed. However, our waiter Roman was really polite, tried to be as quick as he could and the gap between courses was just right to allow conversation and let food go down without being too long. The steaks were cooked just as we asked (medium and medium rare), the chips were great and the side of veg we ordered were all fresh and cooked perfectly. The only snag really was that there was a piece of cling film or plastic on my steak (I think it may have been from the stilton butter I had on it where it been stored in the fridge or something). I showed Roman and he was very apologetic and spoke to his manager and we got one of our desserts for free. It probably is on the pricey side but we got a bottle of wine, and 2 courses for £30 a head so I've had worse. If you want dinner for a tenner go to Pizza Express. I have been to the Bristol one as well which I will concede was awful - but in my opinion this one was much better and you won't go wrong if you get Roman as your waiter.

1  Thank Mike N