“Lovely restaurant, lovely food”
Review of Chimichanga - CLOSED

Chimichanga
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Visited the restaurant yesterday evening, we were impressed straight away with the building and layout. Had an issue with the nacho starter but the manager brought us a fresh serving and even took it off the bill, great service.

We all enjoyed mixed chicken and steak fajitas, absolutely stunning, lots on the hit plate and very filling.

1  Thank Nick S

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We ate here on Saturday. Food arrived quickly to a very high standard. I had the best Nachos I've ever had followed by some extremely tasty chimichangas. Wide enjoyed her cocktail.
Staff very friendly and the place was full but not over crowded which was nice. Very clean, decorated very cool inside. Would recommend for sure.
We both ate x2 courses and drinks fur approx £45. :D

Reviewed 3 February 2014

8 of us dined here on a Saturday evening. I had pre booked the table online, and had made a special request for a round table. About 2 weeks before the restaurant contacted me and explained that they didn't have a round table big enough for 8, but could offer us our own room. I thought this was a nice touch, and it turned out to be a lovely way to spend the evening. Everyone enjoyed the food, and also enjoyed a couple of cocktails ! ;-) The waitress was very good, and was very patient with us. All in all a very nice place to eat!

1  Thank Helen D
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had a voucher so me and my friend decided to give it a try. There was no signage on the outside and were unable to see the dinning room from the road so couldn't see what it was like. The entrance was hard to find and once in there was no signs to the way to the restaurant so were walking around abit lost.

Once we found the main restaurant we waited to be seated though 2 waitresses were in the room, they didn't acknowledge our presence for a while.

The menu was varied with some ascription but felt it needed to say abit more as I was unsure how spicy things were or what came with it (manly the fijiata's if were just the meat or if veggies were included). The soft drinks menu needs expanding, they do cocktails but no non-alcoholic ones so were left with coke. Again was along wait for our order to be taken.

Our food arrived quickly (abit too quickly so was suspicious) once arrived it wasn't hot enough, my burger was still pink in the middle, and my friends burritio though looked nice was again cold and chewy. Was not impressed. At no point were we checked on and the plates took ages to be cleared and the bill took ages,, there was no excuse they were not busy only 5 groups. I dread to think what they would be like if was busy

The restaurant was well Decorated but lacked atmosphere due to lack of people.

1  Thank Becky G
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I love Chimichanga, I love the atmosphere/ambience , the friendly staff,the flavours, the menu, The Only Thing is, like a lot of establishments I dine in lately, the food is not served hot enough and it's on a cold, or at best, tepid plate. I even think the latter has occurred because the plate has absorbed heat from the food! I know why it is in this particular branch now, The distance the server has to walk through a not very warm corridor and up a flight of stairs with uncovered plates of food is too great. Either cloche the food or, better still could there not be a dumb waiter system installed. I know it's a beautiful listed building but I'm sure, considering what has been allowed, it wouldn't be a problem. If you are looking for a romantic/intimate evening, book a booth! By the way, great cutlery!