“Lovely but so difficult to find!”
Review of Chimichanga - CLOSED

Chimichanga
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to try it out for a snack when exploring the city. We'd pre-planned our visit so knew where to go but due to poor/nearly non existent signage we ended up walking past and around in circles a few times before noticing the entrance. Also, once inside there's no clear directions as to where the main restaurant is, so we ended popping our heads round several doors first. We thought it might just have been us as non locals but it seems from how empty the place was (5 including us) and other reviews that they really do need to invest in much more signage and advertising. The service was brilliant, friendly and quick. My long island iced tea was spot on. As we only wanted a snack we went for the tex mex sharing platter and a portion of chips. The food was tasty, plentiful and brought out very quickly. We would have booked a table for an evening meal but we didn't want to risk it just in case it was as dead as it was at lunch time, as it did make us a little uncomfortable even though there was lovely music and decor. The 40% off food voucher was a nice surprise also, finding the unisex toilets was a bit of a magical mystery tour! Lovely food, drinks, value for money and decor but needs to be better advertised.

1  Thank Dee-Notts

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I came here with a large group of friends for a birthday meal. I thought the service was really good and all of the staff were attentive and friendly. My boyfriends drink took a little while to arrive so he got it for free which was good!

I really didn't rate the food, I had a burrito which was served with black beans and rice but the portion size was so small considering it was nearly £13.

We had a great night due to the company and they did have some yummy cocktails but I wouldn't rush back here again!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Food was alot worse than any other restaurant ive been to in the last 2-3 years, plain, bland, watery and Expensive (for what it is)
The service was alright but just regular standard stuff

1  Thank jmc1995
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

If you like Mexican food then it's ok. Mexican food is not what I would chose,but this was ok. I didnt like their watery Brahma beer very much, all the other beers were quite expensive to go for. I had vegetarian chili which was good, had it with fries, they were delicious. My boyfriend had a chicken fajita that was very well presented, sizzling and full of other bits and bobs. Price was ok as well, 26 for both of us, mind you he only had water (some restaurants put that on the table in jugs with ice as a standard, especially since mexican food is rather spicy), I would have thought they did that here. Service was friendly and smiley which is an important element, the waitress was polite an kind. Shame on a rainy Sunday at about 3 pm restaurant was empty,I suppose it's Sunday Roast for most people.

1  Thank Fathieh
Reviewed 16 April 2014

we needed somewhere fairly quick and not expensive one night on a recent visit to bath. We stumbled across Chimichanga (having never been to the chain before)

The building is really well done (obviously quite new) the staff were polite and service was quick.Nice food and we'd happily go back