“Great Afternoon Tea”

Ranked #142 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was our first afternoon tea experience. My daughter is lactose intolerant and they had a menu for her we would not have seen the difference. The sandwiches were fresh I had the eight butterflies tea did not have any better during the remainder of my stay in England. The staff were attentive We were in the garden and we had spent more of the day touring Bath. We appreciated the quietness The scones were very good and so were the little pastries It was a memorable experience

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had a gift voucher as a present for the royal crescent and must say my wife and I really enjoyed the experience. The staff were very attentive to our needs as "afternoon tea vrigins" and the sandwiches and cakes were very nice. The highlight was definately the buns and scones which were served warm. Would I pay the price to go again, I'm not sure, but as a treat it was very pleasant.

1  Thank CSTravel10
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had afternoon tea at the Royal Crescent last month and, although enjoyable, it really could have been a lot better. It was a glorious day so we were happy to be shown to a table in the garden, but I then had to take chair cushions from a neighbouring table as several missing from ours. There were also a number of uncleared tables in the garden which was not attractive. The tea, at £25.00, was adequate but no more - unimaginative sandwiches and very over sweet cakes - scones and Bath buns however were top notch. Had to ask twice for refills of tea and for a jug of iced water. The whole thing felt very perfunctory and I would not recommend or re-visit.

2  Thank AnnieS999
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very disappointed. Visited with two friends. Service was very poor. The Ladies Toilet had a split seat!! Staff were not very friendly.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Afternoon tea with two of my friends. What a joy! The whole setting of the hotel is beautiful and so refined. We were taken through the enclosed garden to a lovely room in another building. Ordered our afternoon tea and when it arrived we were not disappointed. The presentation was stunning, and the food was delicious. We were offered more sandwiches, tea and coffee was constantly topped up, but the waiting staff were not constantly pestering us, we sat for the best part of two hours as we worked our way through the delights. All the cakes were so delicate and, oh the taste!! £25 well spent, add a glass of bubbles for £35, and you will have a perfect combination.

1  Thank kjc75