“A very good afternoon tea.”

Afternoon Tea at Royal Crescent Hotel
Ranked #12 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A very good afternoon tea.”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Afternoon tea at the Royal Crescent lacks the opulence and Georgian splendour of the Pump Rooms, but is very fine in every other way. On arrival we walked through the small foyer, out through the garden to an annexe at the back of the hotel. The dining area is quiet, overlooking la lawn and trees. The service was impeccable. We had ordered a vegetarian sandwich selection on booking, and I forgot to mention this when ordering, but the waiter was already aware of our choice. Throughout service was attentive, without being overbearing; we were asked if everything was to our liking, and felt generally 'well cared' for - an important part of the experience. The afternoon tea itself was wonderful. Very fresh sandwiches - (loved the smoked pepper one), and the scones and Bath buns were served warm. The selection of small cakes, looked beautiful - strawberry macaroons, green pistachio cakes, tiny lemon tarts, Viennese fingers, and a rich chocolate concoction - and tasted even better. A quiet, relaxing, decadent treat.

• Visited January 2014

London, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice...in deed!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was treated to a birthday, afternoon Tea...& being honest read a very recent disappointing review..so came with an open mind...(in fact he was so put off that he'll never come to another a/tea at a hotel again..big, shame as i've done a few in London & they have been very good!!)..we arrived & were immediately treated very nicely & taken to our table. I asked to change tables & be seated near the open door, next to the garden, that was no problem. We were served in a very polite way..our tea order was taken & all tea & food was served in a very professional way...all tasted 'great' loved the sandwiches, scones & cakes. So just to say the staff were very attentive..the decor was as i hoped, relaxing & all in all a very 'pleasant experience' which i would definitely 'do again' & was as good as London!!!

• Visited September 2013
Grimsby, Canada
“Great Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was our first afternoon tea experience. My daughter is lactose intolerant and they had a menu for her we would not have seen the difference. The sandwiches were fresh I had the eight butterflies tea did not have any better during the remainder of my stay in England. The staff were attentive We were in the garden and we had spent more of the day touring Bath. We appreciated the quietness The scones were very good and so were the little pastries It was a memorable experience

• Visited August 2013
United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had a gift voucher as a present for the royal crescent and must say my wife and I really enjoyed the experience. The staff were very attentive to our needs as "afternoon tea vrigins" and the sandwiches and cakes were very nice. The highlight was definately the buns and scones which were served warm. Would I pay the price to go again, I'm not sure, but as a treat it was very pleasant.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CSTravel10
Bakewell, United Kingdom
“Missed the mark....”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We had afternoon tea at the Royal Crescent last month and, although enjoyable, it really could have been a lot better. It was a glorious day so we were happy to be shown to a table in the garden, but I then had to take chair cushions from a neighbouring table as several missing from ours. There were also a number of uncleared tables in the garden which was not attractive. The tea, at £25.00, was adequate but no more - unimaginative sandwiches and very over sweet cakes - scones and Bath buns however were top notch. Had to ask twice for refills of tea and for a jug of iced water. The whole thing felt very perfunctory and I would not recommend or re-visit.

• Visited July 2013