“Brilliant!”
Review of WalkAndDrawBath

WalkAndDrawBath
Ranked #45 of 60 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: WalkAndDrawBath • Coffee • Chat • Walk • Explore • Draw • Eat • Relax • Experience Bath through Art and Photography at your pace. WalkAndDrawBath is an interactive experience, designed to enrich your experience of Bath. With WalkAndDrawBath you will get to explore Bath's famous and lesser known streets and passageways and to draw and record your experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My Mum and I spent a wonderful few hours drawing in Bath with Andrew. It was lovely to see bits of Bath I was unfamiliar with. Andrew provided everything, sketch books, paints, pencils and even a seat! I would definitely recommend this to anyone, even if you are a bit of a non painter like me as its about the enjoyment of painting rather than the skill required.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Really good two afternoons out in the beautiful rural areas on the outskirts of Bath.
It was bliss to be painting outdoors and a brilliant way of stepping out of a frantic & busy life to take time out and enjoy drawing. Andrew is the perfect host; fun, friendly & full of experience!
Definitely a day to remember.

Finola, Bath

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I did a Mini Tour with my 2 daughters (6 & 8) over Half Term and we all really enjoyed it. The girls loved their professional-looking sketch books and really got into drawing objects in the Parade Gardens (a statue of a person and, as a contrast, some colourful flowers). Andrew gently offered advice in a positive way when it was appropriate. The time flew by. It was so relaxing. We learnt a few valuable tips and enjoyed quality time together "in the moment". I'd recommend the activity for a children's birthday event too.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just returned from a few days in Bath - one afternoon was spent on WalkAndDrawBath's mini tours. we were three adults and 4 kids, all with varying artistic abilities and we all had a really great time - First class equipment to draw/paint/colour with and gentle and encouraging support from Andrew for whatever each of us decided to tackle and our drawn results. A lovely relaxing couple of hours and a great way to look at this stunning city in more detail - would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I live in Bath. I often have guests and am regularly on the lookout for good things to do with them. This time it was half term, and we were a party of three adults and four children ranging in age from 7 to 15. I booked this a bit nervously, not being sure how it would go down with such a wide age range and artistic ability. In the end, everyone declared it was the absolute best thing they had done in a long time. "Fabadabadosa!" was the 11 year old's verdict, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Andrew met us outside the Tourist Info office, and handed out large A3 bags containing everything we needed -- sketch books, boards to lean on, every sort of pen, pencil, water colours, sketching stools, and off we went. Most importantly, Andrew brought oodles of enthusiasm and encouragement for even the most nervous sketchers of our party. He said his background was in teaching art, and he had a knack of tailoring his encouragement to suit each person in the party.

After checking out with my guests what they would like to see, we meandered through Bath seeing parts I'd not before noticed (I've lived here nearly eight years) and stopped in two different places to sit and sketch. The whole event was almost two hours, but whilst it was perfect timing for the children, it didn't seem near enough for the adults. We all agreed that we wanted to do a half day, or even a full day with a lunch somewhere nice, which Andrew promised to arrange should we wish!

We came away from the afternoon with our sketch books, a spring in our step and a smile on everyone's faces, and went for ice cream and blood orange sorbet at Bertinet's -- a perfect day.

Whether you are an experienced artist, or you have not picked up a pencil since you were in primary school, this is the way to chill out, relax, have fun, and see Bath. You even get to take your sketch books away with you. Go on -- give it a go, it's brilliant, especially with friends.

Quite simply the best thing to do in Bath.

2  Thank Charlotte_Bath