“What they used to be like”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Ranked #67 of 660 Restaurants in Bath
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Step back in time. What a place. Stan’s cider was a great hit. Not much room to sit down but more than made up for by the atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I've been visiting the historic Star for years. It's one of my favourite pubs in the UK. I pop in most times I'm in Bath. It really takes you back in time.
I love the old wood panelling and individual rooms. There's usually a good range of real ales and cider on hand pump. Best of all is the Bass served from the jug.
It's also great in cold weather when the real fires are going.
The staff and customers are always friendly.
A must visit for pub lovers.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Oh what an amazing pub. I'm old enough to remember when most pubs looked like this. Proper coal fires, little cubby holes, beer from the jug and the wood. Completely uspoiled. Do they do food? Don't know don't care, hope it stays like this forever.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 December 2017

This place has been frozen in a time warp - old rooms, panelled and screened in an old Bath stone building. Quite possibly the best preserved of its type I have seen anywhere.
An interesting beer selection including some dispensed direct from the barrel.
If you are a Bass drinker you are in for a treat. Lots of locals and a friendly atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank michael186311
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Spent a day recently in Bath and the rain drove me to my historic pub list I want to tick off. The Star Inn was easily the best of the five I located. Time stood still as far as the decor was concerned in the little rooms quite right so- a period piece and classic pub. The Real Ale was good too. A must for any any pub visitor to Bath.

Date of visit: October 2017