“A very unique cycle path”

Ranked #7 of 28 Outdoor Activities in Bath
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was one key destination my girlfriend and I had plan to go through on our bicycles. The excursion brought us around the circular path (along the waterway lined up with houseboats) and then in the two tunnels. Very nicely lit (but low light) this was a special experience, enhanced by the music played in the deepest section. Enlightening approach.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I LOVE the two tunnels track. I think it's fantastic to have something like this on our doorstop. The tunnels are surreal, but really great fun. The track can be done in a circuit, going all the way through Monkton Combe and back to Bath along the canal. This is a must for anyone who has a spare sunny day and a bike. Lots of lovely pubs along the way too, I'd recommend the Hope and Anchor at the end of the tunnels, which has a lovely garden and great food.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Cycled from Wellow to Bath and back today as a family (8/9 year olds), and it was a joy to travel for 6 miles into Bath- through the most gorgeous countryside, through incredible tunnels (playing music!) - with the worry of any cars, vans or motor bikes.

The return journey was incredible as we freewheeled through almost a mile of the 2nd tunnel with grins on our faces.

Kids were fine with the distance and gradient, views were incredible and the experience wonderful - I want to meet the committee, that thought this up and pushed it through, to say 'congratulations and thank you!'

4  Thank gonewest2014
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Cause celebre for ages in Bath , the scheme is now open appealing to cyclists,walkers and railway buffs.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had wanted to do this ride since it opened. I can remember walking through the tunnels 'unofficially' back in the 7. The path has been completed to a high standard and the lighting in the tunnels works well. I cycled from the centre of Bath to Midford and back. Not strenuous at all.

2  Thank cityplayer22