“Stonehenge, Bath and Salisbury terrific with Paul Raithby”
Review of Lion Tours

Lion Tours
Ranked #10 of 64 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Launched in 2013 and drawing on 10 years of guiding experience we offer fun, small group, fully guided day tours to Stonehenge and the Cotswolds for independent travellers. Early departures to beat the crowds and Stonehenge Inner Circle Special Access tours a speciality.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are a group of 8 seniors who booked the above tour with Paul Raithby as our guide. Our trip last from 8am to nearly 10pm, He was entertaining, very well informed about the sites and the countryside leading to them, and paced the trip very well. (Some of us don't walk as fast as the others!) I would recommend Paul for any age group. His enthusiasm for his job made our day.

1  Thank posttravelcoalition
"intimate group"
"tour ended"
"private garden"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"harry potter"
in 7 reviews
"downton abbey"

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We wanted to see Stonehenge and made a great choice by taking Lion Tours. We received a solid area history on the way there, a guided discussion once there and more history on the way back. Other tours appeared to just drop people off and hand them tickets. This was much more of a personal small group tour. Highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Paul, Simon, and Pat what a great group of guides. Brillant and informative day — Salisbury and Stonehenge.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We had the perfect day for touring some of the most beautiful Cotswold villages.
Paul, our guide for the day, made it more enjoyable with his knowledge of the area
and visits to a lovely private garden & personal friends. It was wonderful to be with a small group & be given such personal service. Paul even went out of his way to mail a charm I lost to our hotel the following day.

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 June 2018

I would not characterize myself as a spiritual person (at all), but I have to admit that I loved the Stonehenge tour. There is definitely something very special about this space, which gives you a feeling similar to entering a great church or temple. Paul was an extremely engaging and knowledgeable guide! I would recommend this tour without reservation, including to those (like me) who may be skeptical about how much they may enjoy just seeing a bunch of stones!