“Great value, lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Molloy's Irish Bar

Molloy's Irish Bar
Ranked #368 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value, lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Went in for a bite to eat and some drinks. Bar staff were very friendly and helpful. Food is brilliant value and tasted great! We had the curry lovers pie and the hotdog from the 2 meals for £8 and they were brilliant for the price. We stayed and had some drinks after and they had some live music. All in all a very pleasant evening :)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Missamyrose

Winterthur, Switzerland
“What about cleaning the tables”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

When we entered the bar, i quickly realized, it was not really inviting. But we decided to stay for a beer despite of the lack of anything nice regarding the interiour. Tables were dirty and not cleaned up and same was the floor. At this time, the pub was not even busy, so the bar people would have had enough time to care about it. Actually, they had better things to do, I just ask myself what exactly that was....

• Visited March 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Pre-theatre drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My friend and stopped here for drinks before going to the theatre nearby. We found the bar staff pleasant and we were served quickly. The pub was very quiet on the weeknight we visited and consequently there wasn't much of an atmosphere. However, I expect it gets a lot livelier on the weekend given its location.

Visited December 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Never ever go here. Terrible food and horrendous service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We went with a group for a christmas meal. All paid in advance. By the time it got to dessert, the two waiters randomly gave out desserts to whoever shouted the loudest. At the end, two of us ended up not getting dessert. We notified the waiters several times about this, they kept going backwards and forwards to the kitchen/manager and eventually declared that they don't have any desserts for us and there was nothing they could do about it. We tried to discuss with the waiters for a while to find a solution acceptable for everyone, but they we're not forth coming at all and clearly not interested in making us - THE PAYING CUSTOMER - happy.
We then requested to speak to the manager. He was even worse. He blamed us for what has happened and clearly did not care whatsoever about providing what we had paid for (mind you, we paid in advance, so he already had his money). Not only was he saying that WE had eaten too many desserts and the mistake was ours, but he also said that we should speak to other members of our group and get to the bottom of who had had two desserts. What kind of service is this? We came to have a nice christmas meal, paid for everything, and in the end while everyone else was happily having their dessert, the two of us were left with nothing.
Clearly, the manager does not care whatsoever about how the customers experience is. Not in the slightest did he try to offer us a solution. He was rude and rolled his eyes at us. Truly disappointing.
In addition, the pub is quite grimy and not clean. It is badly lit and not comfortable.
The food that we did get - I had a cheese tart and my friend beef with trimmings - wasn't good either. It was only lukewarm and clearly not freshly prepared. Probably just prepared from frozen.
Overall, I will never ever go to this horrible place anymore. The manager should not be in a position with customer contact and is horrendous at his job. I left the place angry and disappointed.
The problem was not that I didn't get dessert (it probably would not have tasted that good anyway) but the way how this was dealt with. Clearly no interest whatsoever in making customers happy.
Strongly advise anyone not to ever go to this place.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank NNancyS2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Worst experience of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I didn't expect anything particular when deciding to go to Molloys for dinner, but it turned out to be the worst experience I have had so far... After having paid in advance for a main and a dessert, I never got to the dessert, as there weren't any left in the kitchen. The main already wasn't great: the meat was cold and the vegetables not fresh.
Although clearly the restaurant had made a mistake in estimating how many desserts should have been made, the waiters and the managers accused us, saying it was our fault and never admitted that something had gone wrong on their side. The manager didn't offer me any other dessert as a replacement, or any voucher; instead I was told we would have to pay extra to get anything.
This was one of the worst experience of my life; although I tried not to make a big fuss about what had happened, I was so shocked on how the manager and the waiters reacted that I felt I had to say something. In the end I never got an apology nor got offered another dessert. I don't recommend anyone to visit this restaurant and will not come back again.

• Visited December 2013