“Compact but Wicked”

MeatBusters Burger Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
MeatBusters Burger Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 583 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mon to Thurs kitchen closes at 9:30 PM, Fri and Sat kitchen closes at 10:00 PM, Sunday kitchen closes at 8:30 PM.
Bath
“Compact but Wicked”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Been to B&B a few times over the last few months and it is an amazing place. Staff are excellent, food is tasty and top quality, beer good and prices reasonable. I concur that the Django burger is excellent.

Choice of music is fantastic and there is always a good atmosphere.

Top notch place - will be frequenting again soon!

• Arabic first
bath
“Really really great place!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I am writing this review just after having dinner there, this place is great! Small and well decorated, kitchen seemed very clean and they had very nice staff. My friend had a Django burger which he absolutly loved. The veggie burger was very nice too but the fries were just incredible!!!! (We had the spicy cheesy ones). Topped up by great drinks (cocktails looked fantastic, next time I will try some for sure) and the cheesecake in desert was perfect with the rasberry coulis.

The bill was more than apropriate, great value which is added bonus.

We spent a good hour and a half, feeling very welcomed. The Lego movie playing in the background was the cherry on the top.

5 stars to Akhmed and his team. We will see you soon!

1 Thank sara t
Newport, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem - not great if your a veggie!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

So Burgers and Barrels, to coin a phrase, a hidden gem! But what a place! The atmosphere in this place is just fabulous! It reminds me of a little Spanish tapas bar, always buzzing, always full of energy. I love the way everyone is sat around the bar eating, it's just got this really nice family feel to it. They havent got that many tables in there, so probably worth ringing up and booking to guarantee a space.

Food wise, well, I'm a vegetarian so can't comment on the majority of the menu. There was only one veggie burger on the menu, which is called the Phat Patty's Veggie, this is basically a Portebello mushroom stuffed with a lovely garlic and cheese sauce, served with a seeded bap. I opted for a side of their plain fries. The burger itself was amazing, perfectly cooked shroom and a sauce which complimented the flavour beautifully. The fries were also excellent, although a tiny bit greasy for my taste.

Whilst very nice I think it's quite limiting to only offer one veggie burger which is basically a mushroom in a bap. If you're a veggie and don't like mushrooms (which is quite common) you are, like the burger, stuffed! (the wife for instance is a veggie and hates shrooms!)

I'd love to see a falafel type burger on the menu, just something else there in case you don't like shrooms.

Anyway, the meat burgers looked good and I'm sure tasted great, this place really is worth a visit, if only for the buzzing atmosphere it has.

• Visited July 2014
Burgersnbarrels, General Manager at MeatBusters Burger Bar, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for you describing our offering as a 'hidden gem'!! We are so pleased you loved our 'buzzing, full of energy' environment with people sitting around the open plan bar creating our unique 'nice family feel'. It is our intention to provide this and we are so pleased that you value our offering.
As ever all feedback is appreciated and our highly dedicated and trained team have been set the challenge of creating another vegetarian option!! We have doubled the offering within one day of your request and added a 'Hells Bells' (whoo spicy!!) version of our Phat Patty's Veggie offering.
As an independent in Bath we are in a fortunate position to react to our guests needs following our core values of providing the highest quality, hygiene, service, food and drinks, in a friendly enjoyable atmosphere.

Watch this space Ian!

Regards

Rony and his newly challenged team!
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a shame”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in Bath for one night and we had used trip advisor to look at restaurants and we came across this one - we loved the sound of it so spent 30 minutes walking from our B&B to get there, we were ravenous but the time we got there and looking forward to a sit down and good meal.
When we walked in we were greeted by a bunch of men all drinking and smoking outside who looked rather intimidating. The bar you walk into is small and basic but clean. We saw a sign saving 2 cocktails for £9 during happy hour which was on Monday-Thursday 4pm till late - perfect. We quickly established that the only seating was bar stools and and the whole place just wasn't what we'd anticipated so we decided to just have a cocktail and go elsewhere, I would have felt bad walking in and walking out again! So we asked for 2 different cocktail, a passion fruit one and a minty one - the barman said the happy hour offer was only if you had 2 of the same cocktails. I have never been anywhere where that's the case, it seemed so silly. So we ordered 2 of the same - gluttons for punishment, in hind sight I wish we had just moved on. The cocktails were good but service was a bit off, there was a random boy chatting up the female chef and the drunks outside were quite annoying. Overall I'd say it's the perfect place for students, loud music playing and what looked like decent burgers being served but not the place for a romantic couples meal.

1 Thank caroline6165
Dear Caroline,

We are pleased that from our Tripadvisor reviews that you loved the sound of our restaurant. We pride ourselves on our offering of the highest quality food and beverage, along with great customer service and our fun unique friendly atmosphere where everyone feels part of the fun.
Unfortunately it appears that we have failed to market ourselves effectively. ''Burgers and Barrels'' was not targeted to be a venue for your required 'romantic couples meal'. For this we apologise.
With regards our highly acclaimed 2-4-1 offer on freshly prepared cocktails. These are blended lovingly in front of our guests for a unrivalled price!. Our guest experience is everything and today I am altering our cocktail menu to emphasise even further the requirement that the selected cocktails are the same for the offer price.
With regards our clientèle, we are fortunate to have an excellent mix of society, consultants, landlords, business owners, accountants, electricians, restaurateurs, students, cyclists, tourists and even the local police, whom visit our premises for our friendly vibe and social interaction. We were disappointed to hear your unique perception of them - as I am sure they will!!
Overall we did not meet your needs and that is always sad to hear, for that, we apologise.........

Kind regards,
Rony and the team
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food, fantastic value, fantastic service!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We ate here on a Wednesday night and chose to sit outside in the sun. The service was fantastic, we were given free popcorn while we waited for our burgers to cook (15 mins). The burgers were amazing I had a Farmer Brown and my partner had a Django we also had a side of El Grecko fries which were lovely. I went up to pay to find that they were preparing a free cheesecake for us to eat, this just made the experience even better!!
The only thing I would suggest to improve is having the option to tip on the card machine, we had no cash and felt very mean not leaving a tip!

1 Thank Cat8121