“A little disappointing”
Review of Bubbly - CLOSED

Bubbly
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe
Description: Bubbly is leading the Bubble Tea revolution in South West England. Now open in Bath, we serve amazing Bubble Tea using fresh ingredients and high quality teas; fresh milkshakes, luxurious hot chocolate, and delicious locally-roasted coffee. Our unique free graffiti wall and cool table football ensure there's plenty to keep all the family entertained.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Intrigued by the idea of Bubble tea, three of us thought we'd try it out. The service was pretty haphazard and slow, but the tea was nice enough, albeit a bit on the pricey side at £3.50 a go. Everyone else seems to be raving about the concept, so maybe we're just missing something, but we found the whole experience disappointing - sorry!

GarethBubbly, Owner at Bubbly, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Hi CatrionaBath, thanks for your balanced feedback. I'm pleased you enjoyed your bubble tea drink - we have gone to great lengths to make interesting new drinks using fresh, high quality ingredients. This week, we're implementing some changes to speed up service during our busier times, whilst not compromising on every drink being freshly prepared to each customer's requirements.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My first ever bubbly tea, and it was great! Great tea with bubbly things in it - what's not to like?
Digital graffiti wall kept us occupied, we'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

What an great experience!!
As soon as we walked in we were welcomed with smiles and there was such a friendly atmosphere, the staff were knowledgeable but not pushy and advised which tea to try which was great as we hadn't tried Bubble Tea before. We loved the Graffiti Wall which was great fun for everyone. We will certainly be coming back and can't wait for our next Bubble Tea experience!! :-)

Hi Janine R, thanks so much for your positive words about your first experience of bubble tea, and I am glad you had fun playing on the free digital graffiti wall. We look forward to seeing back at Bubbly soon!

Reviewed 6 October 2013

As soon as my boyfriend and I walked into the store we were greeted with giggles and smiles. We couldn't decide what we wanted so the lady at the register helped us. As we were waiting we started chatting to the lady and the guy who owns (Gareth) about other places we've tried and stuff...

Can't fault them want to go back soon!!!!

2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I went to the pre-launch last weekend and tried a few bubble teas. They're either milk or fruit-based with flavours ranging from classic tea to lychee, mango, hazlenut and so on. Personally I'm a big fan of the fruit ones: they taste really good and bursting the little fruit balls in your mouth is just, well, fun.

Besides the tea itself, I think a really big draw ('scuse the pun) is the digital graffiti wall. Buy a bubble tea, grab the spray can and away you go. We took the kids along to the pre-launch and didn't get a look-in. The staff will take a photo of you and your friends, post it to the wall so you can then draw over it.

It's a fun place, friendly smiling staff and the bubble tea tastes great. I'm taking my four year old son there now - I'll have a tea, he'll have a go on the wall, everybody's happy.

1  Thank Cwij