“Refurbishment turns this good pub into a great one, not only fine ale & interesting food, but now it looks good as well”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace
Ranked #12 of 45 Nightlife in Bath
Norwich England
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We have been going to this pub, the Crystal Palace, many times over the years on our trips to Bath, which is one of our favourite cities, with its surrounding hills and its own climate, a bit like Belfast in those respects. First this pub had well kept real ale, (and it still does), then it had well-cooked, tasty and interesting combinations of food, but inside looked a bit dull and tired. Now its been given a new lease of life inside, as the refurbishment had made the sophistication of the interior decor match the ale and the food - i.e. excellent ! We went here with my brother & sister in law, and the 4 of us all shared the same view of its new look, which they had heard about and wanted to try. We each had different things from their menu, and everything was applauded. They had the quite rare real ale on handpump, namely Fuller's “ESB” (an ale several steps up in quality and taste from Fuller's more well known ale “London Pride”). It was well kept, and a treat for a real ale fan like me, to have a couple of pints of.

Visited December 2013

Bath
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“good refurbish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Had lunch Nov 14th [my birthday] Updated decor good still the same cosy feel, day I visited lovely real fire nice warm, food great as always and at a good price and good customer service

Visited November 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best British food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had some friends visiting from abroad and wanted some good traditional British food. I took them to Crystal Palace yesterday and the experience was just amasing!!! As a British person I must say: I WAS IMPRESSED!! I was able to give my friends the pub experience and the great British taste. Everyone at the table was very pleased with the food, all tasted great and even if the pub was very busy, we didn't have to wait long for our food. I would definitely go back...maybe today :) ! Nathan.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nathan S
Port Coquitlam, Canada
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Very Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a very enjoyable casual meal on a hot September day in the outdoor courtyard of the Crystal Palace. The food was very good and came at a reasonable cost compared to other locations in Bath. The beer was cold and the wine was good and a fair price.

Visited September 2013
Glasgow
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Awesome curry and wine and pleasant staff and atmosphere. Great location and extensive menu. Will be back next time we're in bath.

Visited September 2013