“Disappointing”
Review of Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace
Ranked #11 of 48 Nightlife in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Near the Roman Baths and Bath Abbey, The Crystal Palace is one of the city’s true gems. Our menu stays true to traditional tastes, with classic English dishes and daily specials. And of course, we’ve a wide range of delectable drinks to wash it all down.
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The pub is lovely, that's about the only positive thing you can say about the place.
The food, disappointing and grossly overpriced. £10:50 for a burger and a few chips??
The service, extremely poor. 45 min wait for food to be served.
The beer, average and overpriced.
Come again? Probably not.

1  Thank A G

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were suggested the place by friends and decided to try it. Excellent choice!
Food was great, beer nice and atmosphere outstanding. Would definitely come back if I could...

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had the 1/2 chicken which actually looked like about 1/4 of a chicken and whilst it was meant to have potatoes with it I don't believe 4 small ones count as a portion. It was overcooked to the point of crunchiness (the chicken, not the skin), and made me feel ill.

This place sucks people in with its great location and beautiful decor but we had trouble getting service, and even had trouble requesting the bill- it seemed like there was about 20 staff milling around in the courtyard and none in the lounge.

Overall I think it's a great place for a drink (if you can get one), but do not eat here- horrible.

2  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is one of my favourite pubs in Bath and was happy they had finally opened after a refurbishment. Chose the vegetarian meal and all I can say is it was a can of tomatoes with cooked butternut squash and dumplings you could play golf with ! Before the pub can refute this I have to say I told the waiter how bad it was and he agreed. A lovely pub and a magnet for tourists what a shame.

3  Thank wanderer186370
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My friend and I walked into this pub at the end of our 7 day walk of the Cotswold Way (finished at the nearby Abbey). We were dripping wet having walked all day in the rain but the staff were unfazed and showed us to an area of the bar to dry off and enjoy some ale and food. The general atmosphere in this pub is first rate, it is a place that I would chose to visit weekly if I lived in or around Bath. We chatted with locals for several hours and enjoyed a fantastic burger meal.
The pub was always busy but the staff were able to deal with this efficiently and with a smile. Well done, I will be back soon!

1  Thank John H