“Rocking for Rockers”

75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Rocking for Rockers”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I went in as Hobgoblin is my fave beer and thought it would be an authentic old fashioned oldies real ale bar. Walking past the Goths and punks at the door, I began to realise I was wrong. Inside there is loads of goblins and devils and loads of great tunes on the juke box (if you like metal and rock). I had the “Beesting” Cider, which was very odd. It made my lips tingle. Goodness knows what was in it. It’s an amusing goth bar with “The Crypt” Downstairs and loads of posters from rock bands on the wall. Not really for you if you don’t like metal and can’t stand Goths! Mainly a young crowd from Uni, but all pleasant guys. We liked it.

Visited September 2011
3 Thank Acebiscuits

Chester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Good choice of beers - probably good music in evenings!”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

As an oldie, I have just enjoyed lunch time beers here a few times and really like the 'real pub' feel - don't thing they serve food, just a good selection of beers. It's rough & ready style but refreshing for all that and entirely friendly.

I imagine, from all the indications, that it gets full of youth at night-time, listening to their sort of music and good luck to them - I'd be there too if I could knock off a few of my years.

Worth a visit!