“A very memorable holiday experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavender House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Lavender House
Ranked #101 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Newstead
“A very memorable holiday experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

I had the great pleasure of staying at Lavender House on two separate occasions in June and July of this year and want to take this opportunity to say thank you.
You both really made my stay in Bath a fantastic experience, one I look forward to repeating in the future! From the onset, when Kevin picked me up from the train station, to my departure I was made to feel welcome, you were there to attend to my every whim and were a constant source of information and helpful advice.
Billie, your food was divine...I wish I could have taken you with me around the world. Of course not to forget Kevin and your very yummy barbeque, thank you so much for inviting me to it, that was unexpected.
I really enjoyed the conversations we had in your lovely garden and the laughter we shared, you made me feel like I belonged there...I know that others who stayed there at the same time felt the same way, it is a real talent you obviously both have.
My room was lovely, the bed was comfortable and everything was so clean and fresh...but I have to say that it was all the little personal touches that made my stay so special and nowhere else I went on my travels can compare!!
Once again, Thank you so much for such a great experience and I'm really looking forward to seeing you both again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Geelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

Our entire experience with booking and staying at Lavender House will leave a lasting impression of how good a B&B can be. From the warm welcome to the beautifully appointed bedrooms and en-suite as well as a superb full breakfast made our stay in Bath one of the best during our UK visit. Situated in a quiet street, a little out of the city, although its an easy downhill walk to the centre of town and a bus service runs past the end of the street providing easy access if you don't want to walk.
Jeni, Graeme and Matt - Australia

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

Just returned from a great weekend break in Bath. Lavender House was everything the other reviews describe and more. Our hosts were very welcoming even collecting us and dropping us off at the station. Our room, the gold room, was very comfortable, wonderfully decorated with lovely little details and the most fabulous view! Breakfast every day was freshly cooked and delicious, I especially loved the home made jams and there was plenty to choose from for even the fussiest eater. The walk into town is 15-20 mins with rather a steep hill to climb on the way home, especially after a few drinks in the city!
I would highly recommend Lavender House to anyone considering a holiday to Bath, I don't think you could stay anywhere better. With thanks to our wonderful hosts Billie & Kevin and not forgetting a mention for Toby the cat! (Especially enjoyed the fun with the fire alarm :)

Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2009

As a regular traveller to Bath I have stayed in several B and B's, this is the first one I have felt compelled to write a review about.
As most of the reviews say on this site, it is spotlessly clean, the bed linen is crisp,the breakfasts are perfect with all tastes catered for, one could go on but it has been said.
The little touches and the extra mile the hosts go are what sets it apart. I know most B and B hosts are friendly, decent people but this couple take it to a new level.
From the moment we walked through the door we felt like old friends. This however does not in any way take from the professional service offered. The have managed to combine the efficiency of a hotel with in the confines of their own home and this IS what makes it special, they truely do open their home to you.
They are knowledgable about the history of their area and Kevin's driving instructions both in and away from Bath are exceptional.
We loved the sherry on the landing a very nice mid afternoon tipple and one not often offered. We were made a cup of tea which we took to the garden, it's a lovely place to relax. Mostly we loved the casual elegance and the way everything is designed to make guests feel relaxed and comfortable from the moment they set foot in their room.
If you are looking for a top of the line Bed and Breakfast in Bath then this is the place to stay.
Mary Kellet

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Surbiton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

There are plenty of good hotels aren't there? But when you find exceptional service, impeccable taste, utter cleanliness and the attitude of a 5 star hotel, you know you've hit the jackpot. Lavender House is all this and more. Just pack your case and go!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

we really enjoyed our stay, a very friendly welcome and nothing too much trouble for our hosts Billie & Kevin, our room 'The blue Room' was so nice and i loved the the little box of emergency supplies and fresh flowers, very good attention to detail !!! The breakfast was very yummy too offering a choice and not just the normal full english, i had smoked salmon with scrambled eggs....delicious!!!

we would stay here again and definitely recommend to friends :-)

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

We spent 3 days in Bath, UK at the end of August, 2009. We decided to stay at this 4 bedroom bed and breakfast. It was a short 15 minute walk to town center. Our room, the Rose Room, overlooked the famous Royal Crescent in the distance.

What made this trip really special were the hosts at the Lavender House. Don't get me wrong, the room was great, the bathroom updated-modern with plenty of hot water and the bed was very good. But Billie and Kevin, the Hosts, were wonderful.

They know tons about the area, things to do, places to eat both in Bath and the surrounding area. They gave us directions on multiple occasions. In fact, when I made our reservation, they sent a list of restaurants and informed us it was a holiday weekend and we should book in advance. Great advice. All three restaurants were great, good service, good food and reasonably priced.

I forgot our electrical converter (brought all the EU converters but forgot the one for the UK). No problem, they had one we used for our stay. I had to meet my partner after a business lunch and Kevin escorted me via his moped right to the place I needed to go. I may still be driving around Bath if he had not been my guide.

I really have nothing to complain about, but If there was one thing I had to say, if you don't like to walk it is about 15 minutes to town center. Bath is a bit difficult to drive in but taxis are plentiful and Billie and Kevin would gladly get one for you. The nice thing about being outside of town is that there was plenty of parking for our rent-a-car and the street was quiet at night.

One more thing, the breakfast was great. They have a short menu to order from. Its a full breakfast, so you get more time to tour before needed to eat.

So If you are traveling to Bath and want a friendly, romantic, affordable bed and breakfast, check out the Lavender House in Bath, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business