“Quality, Comfort, Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavender House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Lavender House
Ranked #101 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Quality, Comfort, Quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2010

This is always my first choice when visiting Bath. Lavender House offers amongst its excellent qualities: a warm welcome, peace and quiet, cleanliness, nutritious breakfast from fruit and yoghurt to locally sourced bacon and eggs. The attractive bedrooms all distinctive in character, include all the finishing touches such as face towels, creams, lotions and an excellent refreshment tray. Close enough to walk into the town, or a short, inexpensive taxi ride. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Alison S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

We have just returned from 3 nights at Lavender House. Billie and Kevin are warm and friendly and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and memorable. We felt that they enjoy having people stay in their beautiful home and that they make every effort to ensure that their guests enjoy themselves. The house is beautiful, and the gold room very well appointed with full attention paid to all the details. The bathroom is large and gleaming with cleanliness and we had everything we needed (or could have needed). Billie did all she could to fulfill our dietary requirements, and gave us very good advice on where to go and what to see (the Mad Max trip to Stonehenge was excellent, as was the free walking tour of Bath). The house is a pleasant 20 minute downhill walk to town - the bus back was fine, although the only stop we could find was at the bus station (not far from all the sights). We would whole heartedly recommend Lavender House to anyone going to Bath - and wish that there weremore B&B's like it.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

I had the privilege of staying in this wonderful B&B for 6 glorious nights.

Lavender House is stunning! Each room is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean with beds that are luxuriously comfortable.
You could not want for better hosts, Billie and Kevin are truly wonderful hosts and the loveliest people you could hope to meet, nothing is to much trouble and they went out of their way to assist me and other guests with anything we needed going well beyond my expectations.
They have thought of every possible comfort you could need, from the magnificent breakfast selection made to order… and Billie is an amazing cook, through to your box of emergency room supplies you are truly pampered from the moment you arrive, you a greeted with a warm welcome and the service you receive rivals if not betters that of every 5 star hotel I have ever stayed in.

Lavender House lives up to the hype, its 100% positive reviews are well deserved and I would encourage anyone to stay here should they have the opportunity to as it really is a magnificent accommodation choice.

My only regret is that I could not stay longer. Thank you both for making my stay in Bath so wonderful and I can’t wait to come back. Jess

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Shiskababe
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

I stayed at Lavender House with my husband and 5 year old son and we stayed in the Garden Room on the first floor with a double bed and an extra 'put up up' bed . It was very well presented and very clean. I liked the little extra touches - bottle of water for each of us, magazines and in the bathroom there was a box containing the bits you may have forgotten or not anticipated (razor, paracetomol, tampon & even a condom!!!) Breakfast was lovely and Billie and Kevin gave us lots of local info. The walk into town took about 20 mins (downhill ) but was pleasant enough. The walk back was harder going but we still beat the bus as we had just missed one and it only ran every 30 mins (it was over Xmas so less frequent I presume).

Bath really is a beautiful city and deserves a few days to see all it has to offer. We chose the open top bus and saw pretty much everything as we did both tours that were available to us. A great break!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

My wife and I stayed at Lavender House over the Christmas period, we booked after my daughter read the wonderful reviews. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical that anywhere could be so consistantly good.
Our hosts more than exceeded our expectations. From the moment we were greeted with a hot cup of tea we were made to feel like nothing would be too much trouble.
Our room was clean and extremely comfortable and there were biscuits and sweets to accompany our room tray. The bathroom was spotless and gleaming, a real credit to them.
I found it very pleasant to be waited on hand and foot and yet not feel as if we were being smothered.
These people, they willingly offer themselves in every way to make your stay as perfect as possible.
Breakfast was perfect, we are fussy eaters but they catered for us perfectly and for our daughter who had a special needs diet.
I cannot thank them enough for making us feel like very special friends.
If we are ever back this way we wouldn't consider anywhere else.

Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

Excellent location - easy to park as slightly out from the center but we could still walk in to Bath. Room was perfect with the added touch of a bottle of water provided on your bedside table.. Breakfast was cooked to order and Billie and Kevin did their best to cater for all tastes. After a long day in bath, we were welcomed back and invited to join them in the living room where we were offered tea which was accompanied by warmed mince pies. A little extra that they did not have to provide but as I said "nothing is too much trouble". Well done Lavender House, you deserve all your awards.
Kind regards Tim & Sharon Howe

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

A very friendly and welcoming hotel. Loads of information and tips offered to us on our arrival. The accommodation was well decorated, clean and well appointed. Nothing was too much trouble for our host. The breakfast was great - lots of choice and plenty of it. A nice quiet location within easy reach of the city centre, whether you walk, take a bus or taxi. We will definitely return and happily recommend.