“Absolutely gorgeous house!”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

NaomiJeff...
Los Angeles, California
“Absolutely gorgeous house!”
Reviewed 29 April 2015 for a stay in February 2014

My partner and I stayed here for a mini break away and absolutely loved it.

The house is pristine, beautifully decorated, warm and couldn't be in a better location, just a stone's throw away from all the wonderful restaurants and attractions Bath has to offer.

We both would thoroughly recommend this beautiful home to anyone who fancies a lovely, quiet getaway but who would also like to enjoy the hustle and bustle of Bath!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The huge windows and feeling very cosy looking at the rain.
Liked least: There is nothing to not like here.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 May 2015
Thank you for your wonderful testimonial. So pleased you enjoyed your time and hope to see you back again soon.
Gem_3317
Craven Arms, United Kingdom
“Best weekend ever in brilliant location”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

My friends arranged and booked Haystack's for my Hen Weekend and I had a wonderful time. The house was perfect for our needs, with lots of single beds so no one had to share, the kitchen was better equipped than my own and I loved the style of the house, I have even pained my own bedroom Pavilion Grey! The location was perfect for what we wanted.

Some noise is to be expected as it is right in the City Centre but you wouldn't go to a city centre town house and expect it to be peaceful. The rooms at the rear of the house incidentally could hear no noise at all.

We were only supplied with one toilet roll in each bathroom and with 12 girls they soon went, but we were self catering and although it would of been nice to have more, I wouldn't expect to have been left a supply so it was no problem to nip and get our own.

I felt the house was as described on the website and exceed our expectations. It's a shame that 1 member of our group felt it wasn't value for money but that didn't represent the opinion of everyone else and we really did have a brilliant time.

The lady that met us so show us round was friendly and gave us suggestions of where to go, she was also very patient as we got a bit lost trying to find the house so I do think the directions could of been a bit simpler

All in all I would highly recommend Haystacks if you are looking for a stylish base to enjoy your self in Bath! I would defiantly book again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location, style, layout
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
7 Nov 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write. Truly appreciate it. Sorry abou the loo paper. If you ever book again please be assured there will be a few per toilet. Sorry for their oversight.
poolerPoo...
poolerPooler
“Thankfully I found this Needle in the Haystack !”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

If you are looking for glamour, comfort and privacy then look no further than The Haystack.
I stayed here for a friends Hen Night and it was perfect!

The location - excellent and views over Bath stunning.

The Service from phone manner to check in was welcoming, organised and friendly - even
Leaving us Maltesers & wine!

The decor - it's given me some ideas for my house and the kitchen has more appliances and glassware than John Lewis! Very Tasteful !!

Would I stay here again? Without a doubt - infact, I wish it was my very own home! I could move on tomorrow!

Any negatives?
Couldn't get the dishwasher to work.
Bathrooms smelt a little damp on arrival.
I phone dock 5 (not 4) and I have I phone 4.
And the worst part about it was that, We had to leave!

A social party house that is perfect for anybody who wants to entertain and soak up the City!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
8 Sep 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review. Sorry you had trouble with the dishwasher. Please don't ever hesitate to phone me during your stay as we will always ensure to find a solution for you with a matter or urgency. Take care and hope to see you again soon.
KEW1980
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Great location and lovely property”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The Haystack is a beautifully presented property located right in the heart of Bath. The thermae spa, abbey, shops, bars and restaurants are just a short walk away. The kitchen and dining facilities were great and really suited a large group of people. I thought the property was good value for money for the location and amenities. Had a great customer service and any questions I asked were replied to really quickly. The actual key pickup also worked well. The welcoming chocolates and wine were also a lovely touch. The only real problem I had was that I thought the directions could have been a little bit clearer, and we could have done with a couple of extra toilet roll! All in all a lovely property, great location and a fab weekend!

Travelling group: Friends
8 Sep 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review. We have taken on board your comments and I have amended the directions to make it even more clear for future guests. Helpful to know.
StewartIa...
Salford, United Kingdom
“Excellent house, brilliant position, highly rated.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We stayed here for a stag weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing. There were 13 of us in total and everyone had a proper bed. The lounge was plenty big enough to house everyone. A little nervous as it's such a lovely place but everyone respected the property as their own.

The location couldn't be any better with everything on your doorstep, I would definitely go back!

Parking was the only slight issue but you would have that in most city centre bath properties, they did have one permit with the house and a second that you could purchase for a small fee. A bit of planning and it need not be an issue.

Liked best: House and location
Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
fredjenny...
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Overpriced. not good value for money!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

OVERPRICED. This property may appear very luxurious but certainly did not offer value for money! Stayed with a group of 12 ladies on a Hen weekend. Only 2 bathrooms and a VERY small shower room! Not a single hairdryer to be found in the house and no spare toilet rolls!!
The property description mentions a nightclub but fails to state that the Haystack is situated above it and loud noise and commotion will keep you awake until 5am!
Looking through the property folder of useful information we were concerned to read that the only Fire Precautions were to phone 999 then follow the "In case of fire" procedures- there were none to be found. Extremely worrying in a 3 storey town house with no fire exit and windows that did not fully open.
Electricity sockets were hidden behind beds and units and the staircase lights remained on the entire weekend with no sign of an off switch.

Liked best: Stylish design. Size of rooms
Liked least: Extortionate price!
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
8 Sep 2014
Sorry to hear you did not fully enjoy your time at the property. We have taken your comments on board and any of your points have been actioned. There is double glazing on the windows but the property is such a great central location with everything on your doorstep that I am afraid it does come with city center noise. Sorry once again it was not as you had hoped for.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing