“A very new Premier Inn, centrally located in city centre”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Bath City Centre Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“A very new Premier Inn, centrally located in city centre”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for one night, arrived late and still was greeted well. The hotel was only opened two days before but it was excellent and the staff very good too. The room I had was at the back if the hotel and was very quiet. Breakfast was the usual from Premier Inn but adequate.

The parking here is difficult being in the centre if Bath. I asked at reception and was directed to the station parking a short walk away, say 6 minutes Max. I was concerned about my car so wanted covered, secure parking and this was perfect, it was free overnight until 9am I think. Great value for a city centre!

Oh and a mention for the famous Premier Inn beds - very comfortable and a great nights sleep.

Thoroughly recommend budget hotel in a lovely city.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jef123456789
PIManagerSN, Manager at Premier Inn Bath City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Jef123456789,
I am pleased that your recent business stay at Bath City Centre was a good one. Thank you for your compliments regarding the team, I will pass these on to them. I am happy that the Premier Inn beds helped achieve our promise of a good nights sleep.
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Let me begin by stating that I have stayed only ever in the rival chain of Travelodge, therefore was wary of what it may be like as a first timer in the Premier Inn. This particular hotel was in Bath City Centre, situated just a few minutes away from where the Christmas market was in the centre of the town. This was ideal for us as a base to get to the markets early.

On arrival, the hotel is warm and welcoming, with a lovely lounge area downstairs for people who are just waiting around. There are self check-in screens which were quick and easy to use, as well as a friendly lady on the front desk who was there to help us out if we needed. This particular hotel is brand new, having opened at the beginning of December, and boy does it show! The interior was immaculate and clean, very modern and spacious. On arriving at our room, we found a huge amount of space - more than enough for two of us! I normally say that these rooms are basic, but I would say that this is the next step up from that; sporting a freeview television mounted in front of the bed, a huge king size bed that was had an ample amount of comfort to give us the best nights' sleep we've ever had, a clean and cosy bathroom with a luxury shower that felt like a waterfall, and a work area for those arriving on business.

My partner and I were in room 401, which was much bigger than my parents' room in 208. They had a bath and less space while we had a larger space and a shower instead. This was convenient for us as we were looking to be out quickly the next morning. For dinner, we contemplated the food in the Premier Inn restaurant, but the food was rather pricey and there was a Wetherspoons serving the same food just next door as well as ounces of choice between delightful eateries around the town.

The service was brilliant. When my partner went to take a shower, he discovered that the shampoo dispenser (providing you with hair and body wash!) had no shampoo actually in it. It was no problem though, as we just asked the gentleman employee in the corridor if he had any spare. He apologised for the lack of shampoo, asked us politely to wait for just a minute or so and he would come along to our room. He came into the room, apologising again and within seconds, had refilled the dispenser. Within seconds, he wished us a pleasant stay and left us to our own devices - quick and pleasant service. We were provided tea and coffee products in the room, free of charge, which we used almost immediately.Late that night, about midnight, we returned to the hotel and waited by the desk, hoping to request another couple of teabags. The desk was closed and we were about to head back upstairs when a young girl asked if she could help us at all. She was in her own clothes with her coat on and was just arriving for her shift, by the look of it. But this was no issue for her, she walked around into the restaurant and gave us all we needed. Her shift hadn't even started yet! We jumped into the elevator at one point and were joined by what looked like one of the hotel managers with her clipboard, She asked us how we were enjoying our stay and if there was anything they could do for us. In fact, if only she knew how hard her employees actually work to deliver top service!

The only fault I must warn you of is that THERE IS NO FREE PARKING. We foolishly just assumed (as many others who stayed did) that like other inns like this, free parking would be included in the price. Unfortunately, only the highly expensive pay-and-park car parks are there to accommodate. The nearest parking is right across the street, but you can only park for 4 hours there before you have to move elsewhere. It was expensive prices also, but all parking restrictions and prices were lifted after 8pm. We only found all of this out on arrival as it did not state on the website when we booked the room back in summer, and as check-in was at 3pm, it meant we had to drive around for an hour before checking in at 4pm so we could get the full 4 hours parking and leave it there overnight.

We booked the Premier Inn as it was closest to the city centre and was cheaper than any hotel in the area (as Bath is a VERY expensive place!). The local Travelodge was further away and the same price, and to be honest, looked very run down and shabby as we drove past it. We are so glad we booked up here, as it was ideal for our overnight stay. I can safely say that they have converted me. I do like the Travelodge, but if I have the choice between that and Premier Inn, I would gladly take the PI anyday!

TO SUMMARISE:::

ROOMS: Spacious and clean, with all the amenities you could want.
CLEANLINESS: Perfect. I have slight OCD with hotels but this place was spotless.
SERVICE: Wonderful! They couldn't do enough for us!
FOOD: Can't comment as we did not try because of the prices.
PARKING: No hotel parking, just an overpriced short stay car park is just across the road.
LOCATION: Ideal and close to both train station and the town centre. Around the quiet corner.

Room Tip: Room 401 was idyllic. I'm sure if you wish to try one of the waterfall showers, you need only as...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
PIManagerSN, Manager at Premier Inn Bath City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Loistarr,
Firstly let me thank you for the honour of Bath City Centre being the very first Premier Inn that you have stayed in!
I am sorry that you felt our Thyme Restaurant was pricey for you, and I take on board your comments regarding car parking, but as with most city centre locations, parking is like gold dust!
However I am overwhelmed by the compliments that you have for the hotel and my team and hope that this will reflect in you coming back to stay with us at Premier Inn, perhaps even sampling our menu in the restaurant too?
OPerations Manager Premier Inn
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We had a great couple of days in the brand new Premier Inn. The team even though they were brand new were absolutely great. We arrived really early as the wife wanted to do some serious Christmas Shopping. The team went out of their way to guide us around the markets and take our bags until we could check in after 2pm. Even though the hotel has no parking we were guided to secure parking close by. The bedrooms were superb and we had a relaxed meal in the restaurant. A really good Premier Inn. We will be back!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swfc1976
Dear swfc1976,
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Bath City Centre, at Premier Inn we strive to offer a high standard of service and I am glad that my new team impressed you.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Premier Inn Operations Manager