“Exceptionally clean and friendly”

The Henry Guest House
Ranked #19 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Wonderful friendly welcome. Excellent service at check in and out and at breakfast. Very well-presented. Exceptionally clean and fresh. We were in room 6, an attic room. This was fine for me but my husband is 6feet tall and found ceiling height in the shower a big problem. Also attic rooms not recommended if you have trouble with stairs. We saw the rooms on the lower floors and these were more spacious. Great location, central but quiet. I would recommend. Lots of extra little touches demonstrate respect and concern for guests.

Room Tip: Attic rooms don't always pick up wifi, and height restrictions might be difficult for taller fol...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MinnieKeats

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Friends and I spent a week at the Henry. Jenna and Jerry were fantastic, helpful and friendly. I did get to chat with Liz, she was delightful, funny and very well informed about the sights and interesting spots around Bath. The breakfast was lovely and just the right way to start the day. My room was small but very comfortable and so very clean. I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JBlaine6363
Reviewed 25 July 2013

The location is excellent. Only a short walk from the train station, and the Roman Baths. Most shops and restaurants are within walking distance. The square, which is the pick up / drop off point for most bus tours to Stonehenge and other sights in the area, is only about 100 yards away. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FreebirdTN
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Awesome guesthouse in fantastic location. I came down for a friends wedding. The rooms are spacious, wonderfully decorated and clean. Liz the owner is a really kind and helpful lady, happy to be of service. I loved my stay here. Would love to stay again and fully recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessic4b
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Lovely guesthouse, comfortable beds, great breakfast. Very reasonably priced and very accommodating owners. Great location for exploring Bath, and close to the Train station. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred Q
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Henry for 3 nights (June 11 through June 13). Clean accommodations with a good breakfast. The location is PERFECT. Only 300 yards from the train station. The owners were very accommodating with our late arrival (10:15pm) which was much appreciated. Price for the room is competitive for Bath. The neighborhood is very quiet at night.

Our only complaint was the size of the room. We were on the top floor (no problem as we are able to walk stairs without issue). However, between the slanted ceiling (on one side), extremely small room and a 7 1/2 foot ceiling (at it's highest point) we felt like we were in an attic closet. Unfortunately, the Inn was full and we couldn't change rooms. They do have other, larger rooms (I asked and I toured two different rooms in case we come back). Would we stay again? Yes, but not in the same room. The room was way too confining for us and we are not big people. My wife is 5' 4" and I'm 5' 11" (175 lbs)

Room Tip: My rating given to the room was solely due to the size and ceiling height. The Henry is a fine plac...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tom K
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a wonderful guest house. High class and comfortable with welcoming staff and a proprietor who is second to none. We have stayed here on more than one occasion. The most recent being for a family wedding. Nothing was too much trouble for those running The Henry and the rate was extremely reasonable for the service they provided. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The location is excellent for connections and for the many tourist attractions in Bath. I would recommend this guest house to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family