“Great bed and breakfast”

The Henry Guest House
Ranked #23 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great bed and breakfast”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The henry is a lovely guest house. Excellent city centre location. The staff were very friendly, always happy to help and made me feel very welcome. The rooms were spotless, very clean and tidy and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Had a lovely girly weekend.Overall a lovely guest house I highly recommend it and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank l0uiseth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I went with 2 friends for a girly weekend, The Henry was a lovely and perfect place to stay. It is located perfectly within a 5 minute walk to all your amenities, and Bath Spa. The rooms have everything you need including all you need to make a late night cup of tea and a little chocolate on your pillow which comes in very handy. I would definitely stay at The Henry if and when I go back to Bath.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank JMB1907
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just returned from my second stay at The Henry. As before, the room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, with everything we needed. I particularly like the location - within a very easy walk of the railway station (even when carrying a lot of luggage!) and plenty of shops and restaurants close by.

Our host was friendly and welcoming, with some good tips. My sister and I enjoyed the hour-long circular walk through town and back along the canal, which we probably wouldn't have found ourselves.

I'm sure I will return to The Henry in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MoiraH17
Plymouth, England
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just got back from Bath for a hen weekend. The rooms at the Henry are very clean and nicely decorated and the bathrooms were very clean. The carpets are pretty marked.

The location is perfect for shopping and eating.

We had the house on an exclusive basis along with the 'below stairs' accomodation. If you are allowed to rent the house on this basis it should all be at the same standard as the rooms. The ktichen was not up to standard, it was not very clean (maybe I have to high standards), the sink and scrubbing brush needed a good bleaching and the floor was dirty as was the fridge.

The 'below stairs' is also not up to 5* standard, the sofa bed in it looks like something from a student house.

If you are coming to stay at a weekend and stay at the front of the house, the street out the front is pretty noisy with people coming home from clubs.
Beware when booking for large groups as to what your actually getting in terms of space etc. I wouldnt say it was suitable for large groups who want to spend quality time together.

The manager although i'm sure was trying to be friendly came across as rude and was unwilling to understand or discuss any concerns that I had.

Won't be going back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This being my return trip at The Henry I found myself in one of the top most suites and yet again I'm completely satisfied with my stay, the welcome was happy and sincere, my room immaculate.

Having arrived after a day of travel I was happy to spend a few moments relaxing in my room before heading into the Bath town centre for an evening meal, the location of The Henry is superb, being in easy walking distance of the train station and practically on top of the town.

I returned to a comfortable and warm bed, my only notable annoyance was that the 'tea & coffee' facilities only offered 'whole' milk which personally I find horrid, this was the only setback fro me, and certainly not one that spoiled my trip!

In the morning I was happy to awaken to the smells of breakfast being prepared and eagerly joined my fellow guests in the dining room, eating enough breakfast to leave me feeling utterly content.

Some morning banter with the other guests and the proprietors quite uplifting and a great way to start my day.

I most certainly recommend The Henry and will most certainly re-book should I return to Bath.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rich_PL
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I booked 'The Henry' along with'Below Stairs' for my hen party to Bath. I wanted somewhere that was central as many of the activities we booked for the weekend were in the city centre and this hotel was in the perfect location! A reasonably priced car park was located next door, the train station was a few 100yards away and the shops, bath spa, cathedral etc. were all within easy walking distance. The hotel itself was spotless and décor to die for. Colin was an amazing host and couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast was beautiful, lots of choice and very tasty.
I would definitely be staying here on future visits to Bath and would recommend it to anyone wanting to visit this beautiful city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rachel E
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Henry Guest House is in a perfect location for a visit to Bath ( Central )
I stayed for 2 nights with friends very very clean and our host was efficient helpful and very friendly, he also cooks a very tasty breakfast.
I would recommend the Henry to any one wanting to visit Bath very good value for money
Everything is within walking distance shops, bars, clubs, restaurants, Cathedral Roman Baths and Spa
It is also close to railway station.
I stayed in room 4 very nice TV, television and tea/coffee making facilities in all rooms.
We would definitely stay hear again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends