The Henry Guest House
US$273
US$265
US$235
  • Room Service
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$207
US$210
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$193
Travelocity
US$136
US$107
US$313
US$287
Agoda.com
All reviewstrain stationroman bathsgreat locationb btop floorbath abbeysingle roombreakfast was deliciousshort walkno elevatorgeorgian townhousecentral locationlovely guesthousesmall roomfull english breakfastfamily roomcomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went for a weekend stay at The Henry. It is well located for both the railway station and the city and all the attractions. The room was very nice, lovely and clean with nice en suite facilities. The full english breakfast was lovely, it really set me up for the day.

The guest house has a lovely ambience, well decorated and maintained. Our hosts made us very welcome.

Room Tip: There is quite a bit of noise when the night clubs tip out so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KentTraveller09
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The henry is a lovely guest house. Excellent city centre location. The staff were very friendly, always happy to help and made me feel very welcome. The rooms were spotless, very clean and tidy and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Had a lovely girly weekend.Overall a lovely guest house I highly recommend it and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank l0uiseth
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I went with 2 friends for a girly weekend, The Henry was a lovely and perfect place to stay. It is located perfectly within a 5 minute walk to all your amenities, and Bath Spa. The rooms have everything you need including all you need to make a late night cup of tea and a little chocolate on your pillow which comes in very handy. I would definitely stay at The Henry if and when I go back to Bath.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank JMB1907
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Just returned from my second stay at The Henry. As before, the room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, with everything we needed. I particularly like the location - within a very easy walk of the railway station (even when carrying a lot of luggage!) and plenty of shops and restaurants close by.

Our host was friendly and welcoming, with some good tips. My sister and I enjoyed the hour-long circular walk through town and back along the canal, which we probably wouldn't have found ourselves.

I'm sure I will return to The Henry in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MoiraH17
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Just got back from Bath for a hen weekend. The rooms at the Henry are very clean and nicely decorated and the bathrooms were very clean. The carpets are pretty marked.

The location is perfect for shopping and eating.

We had the house on an exclusive basis along with the 'below stairs' accomodation. If you are allowed to rent the house on this basis it should all be at the same standard as the rooms. The ktichen was not up to standard, it was not very clean (maybe I have to high standards), the sink and scrubbing brush needed a good bleaching and the floor was dirty as was the fridge.

The 'below stairs' is also not up to 5* standard, the sofa bed in it looks like something from a student house.

If you are coming to stay at a weekend and stay at the front of the house, the street out the front is pretty noisy with people coming home from clubs.
Beware when booking for large groups as to what your actually getting in terms of space etc. I wouldnt say it was suitable for large groups who want to spend quality time together.

The manager although i'm sure was trying to be friendly came across as rude and was unwilling to understand or discuss any concerns that I had.

Won't be going back