All reviewstrain stationroman bathsgreat locationtop floorbath abbeybreakfast was delicioussingle roomstreet noisecentral locationlovely guesthouseb bsno liftfamily roomfew minutes walksmall roomyogurtthird floor
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

This B&B is located a short distance from the railway station and is within waking distance of the Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, and the major shopping district. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, baked goods, and yoghurt as well as a selection of freshly cooked meats and eggs done to your specification.

The only thing one should be aware of is the fact some of the rooms require walking up a few flights of stairs. If you would have any trouble climbing these, make sure to let the proprietor know when you book your room and I'm sure she will accommodate you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2017

We stayed for three nights, 26, 27 and 28 September 2017. The Henry is a very short walk from the train and bus station and we had no problem wheeling our luggage to the front door. Clear instructions on how to access the building were received well in advance. We were greeted by Christina who was incredibly welcoming and she even helped me get my bag up to my room. We stayed in their premier twin room on the second floor (and I realized that the "second" floor was what we Americans consider the "third" floor! The "first" floor is called the "ground" floor!) No matter...just a few more steps to climb which was fine. One thing you should remember when staying here...this is an old, historic building. The floor in our room was very uneven and we learned to be mindful of this fact. This place could definitely be defined as "quirky". But, for the money, the food and mostly for the wonderful-ness that is Christina, we absolutely loved it and would definitely stay there again. It was VERY clean and breakfast was plentiful and made to order. We observed Christina being incredibly accommodating to a vegetarian couple seated close to us in the dining area. Yes, it might have been a tad noisy at night what with the number of people passing but one has to remember that these kinds of buildings are directly adjacent to any sidewalks. It didn't take long to get used to the noise although if you are concerned, bring earplugs! Personally, I felt like I had participated in a small bit of night-life...from the comfort of my room - and VERY comfortable bed. Speaking of which, we were in England for 12 days, most of them at a fairly posh hotel in London. In my opinion, The Henry had the most comfortable beds out of all the places we stayed. The location of The Henry is such that we were able to walk virtually a couple of blocks to the Roman Baths, the Abbey, the beautiful Avon river front and (thank you!!) Starbucks! And shopping. Lots and lots of shopping! Bath is gorgeous, and The Henry Guesthouse was a very comfortable and accommodating place to lay our heads at the end of the day. Thank you, Christina, for making our stay so very enjoyable.

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem, request a room on the FIRST floor!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
thehenry, Owner at The Henry Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely and kind comments, You have been wonderful guests, i wish you safe travels and please do visit us next time you are in the UK, have a wonderful winter, :)

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for three nights in the top room which is up a last flight of narrow stairs. I aim for a price point she booking and the room for my criteria. Christina I think noticed our age and asked if we would like a lower room at the same price which was really nice but we decided to stick with it. The guesthouse is very convenient at 5 minutes walking from the train station. Its also five minutes from the baths. You'll find the breakfasts very good and she'll cook you up anything you like in the way of breakfast fare. We also liked the fact we could leave our bags after checkout as we were catching a noon train. I noted she also provided snacks for one couple for mid day as she did for us as well. I had a few questions before arrival and the was there to answer by email. Umbrellas fore wet weather are provided. If you like a smaller room at a better price take the walk up this "vertically challenged" b & b ....if not go for one of the larger rooms and lower rooms.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doreenandneil
thehenry, Owner at The Henry Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Neil and Doreen,
it was a pleasure having you both here, thank you for your kind words, we will keep trying our best, to make sure everyone has a good time,

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We stayed at The Henry 10 Oct 17 and 11 Oct 17. Christina and her team are fabulous! They were nothing but helpful from the very start. Our trip had a very rocky start and Christina went above and beyond to assist us. Our room (4) was perfect for us. The en-suite bath was huge! Plenty of outlets, kettle, tea, tv (we didn't watch it). As The Henry's website states, it is a Georgian Townhouse so there are stairs. We were well aware and came prepared. The location could not be beat! Right in the heart of Bath just up from the train station as well. Breakfast was perfect, with cooked to order full English Breakfast along with continental options as well. My husband and I have already said that when we return to Bath, we will be staying at The Henry.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor have the fewest stairs to climb
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

We found this gem thanks to a Rick Steves guidebook recommendation. Location is fabulous--especially if you're relying on your feet and public transportation. Staff was friendly, attentive, helpful. Would most definite stay here again! Thank you for helping make wonderful memories of my first trip to Bath!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple