Bailbrook House Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
1,963 results
All reviewscloisters restaurantconservatory barhand picked hotelshandpicked hotelsnew wingthe main houselovely hotelexecutive roomcoffee machineafternoon teafresh milk in the fridgeon arrivalbuffet stylemain restaurantcity centredvd playerwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently stayed here for a one night stay in Bath. On arrival at the hotel we were impressed by the lovely reception and the welcome from the staff. They dealt with us very efficently and as we were early and unable to check in yet we were able to securely leave our luggage and go and explore bath. We were provided with maps to be able to walk into bath. We decided to walk the scenic route and were told of a lovely pub to stop at where we had some lunch. Later after check in we were shown to our room and had our luggage brought to us. The staff again were extremely courteous and knowledgeable and the room was very spacious and our bed was HUGE. We had a lovely nights stay at the Bailbrook House and would definitely stay here again. Its a little out of the centre of bath but only around £6 in a taxi so not too bad at all! The only small 'gripe' we had is that the shower wasn't very good but everything else was perfect and once again thank you to the staff for being so lovely!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It is always good to read kind comments about the team, they will be delighted to read them.I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business, I would go as far as to say that this was as near perfect as one could get. From the minute I walked into recption to the minute I left every aspect was excellent and most welcoming. The accomodation was luxurious, the food was perfect and the staff were most attentive without being intrusive and so pleasant. An absolute jewel. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: I don't believe you could get a bad room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. What a great review- thank you.The team will be delighted to read it, and know all their hard work is being recognised. I hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel has been recently refurbished and the rooms (we had one of the executive types) are quite luxurious with king sized beds and very up to date facilities. Made for a very comfortable experience and we would have been happy to stay for more than the one night we had booked. The hotel is easy to find and only a 30 minute stroll from Bath city centre (albeit down a busy main street). So its a good idea to leave the car in the spacious car park and get some exercise.

Our only slight quibble is with the eating and drinking arrangements. The hotel has two restaurants - one described as high end and the other as a brasserie. We ate in the brasserie and found the food to be OK with typical brasserie dishes like fish and chips/ sausages and mash. However, the wine list did not match the food - it was definitely high end with only one bottle under £30. Who wants to wash down fish and chips with a £30 plus bottle of wine? I think the hotel needs two different wine lists in order to better suit their two restaurants and to cater properly for their customers. Service however was excellent with more than enough staff to look after everyone.

I think it would have been useful for the menus for both restaurants to be included in the hotel information packs available in the rooms. That would make it easier for customers to decide where to eat - and perhaps get more custom for the high end restaurant.

1  Thank MikeP47
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments about the team.I have noted your comments about both the wine list and having menus in the bedrooms.It is out intention to soon print a thorough guide to our bars and restaurants which will include menus.We wanted to run for a few months to make sure we had an opportunity to review all customer feedback and then make any changes before we went to print.Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We had a two night deal at Bailbrooke on a whim mainly because we wanted to visit Bath again and we really surprised. It is a luxurious hotel with great restaurant and well trained, attentive staff committed to making sure you are well looked after and able to really get a luxury hotel experience. From the check in, the room, the Cloisters restaurant is was near impossible to fault and an example of how hotels should be run. And whilst it is 2 miles from Bath it is a very pleasant walk along the canal or a short drive or taxi run. And you can even take a boat trip.

Room Tip: The named rooms are the nicest.
1  Thank paddysinclair

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay.Thank you too for your kind words about the team,I will make sure that they see a copy of your review.On a final note I totally agree with you about the walk along the canal - very pleasant indeed.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this hotel for the long weekend for just one night. With 4 stars and only £150 for the night I wasn't expecting anything amazing but was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful this hotel was. the exterior is lovely and grand and the breakfast was really good too! Plus the rooms were brand new so nothing felt dated or old.
My only complaint would be that my room was literally ready at 3:02pm. With most holidays I go on, I always try to check in before the check in time with success at least 2-3 hours before the check in time. I arrived at 2:50pm and was made to wait as my room wasn't ready. I found this quite rare..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It is always nice to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay and I have passed your comments on to the team about breakfast.I am sorry that your room was not ready early,I will discuss this with our housekeeping team and see how we can improve on this.

Hope to see you back at Bailbrook House soon