“Fabulous”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Derby
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have just got back from a weekend here and what can I say except WOW! Everything was fantastic. We stayed in the old part and had the Henry Talbot Room. Not the biggest we've stayed in especially for the price but definitely the best and the most worth it. Three tellys! Roll top bath. Rain shower. Fridge. Choice of coffee's. Food was excellent. Stunningly eye pleasing and better to eat but the best thing about this place is it's Customer Service. I've never received better. We were phoned the day before to check we knew the route and if there was anything we needed arranging prior to our stay. Shown round the hotel on arrival and to our room. We went out the first night and came back to find our bed turned down, curtains drawn and towels changed. Nothing is too much trouble but also not too full on just the right amount of perfect. The staff seem to work all hours and are permanently smiling and friendly. Everything about the place awed me. Thank you to all the staff you work hard but it's appreciated. Oh and for someone who doesn't sleep well the beds and bedding are to die for.

1 Thank Alicha4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Finnish first
Bournemouth
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in an executive double for one night to celebrate our anniversary. Years ago, the hotel was an air traffic control training centre - my dad trained and worked here, so it was great to see how it has evolved from Bailbrook College to Bailbrook House!

Before our arrival we had emailed the hotel to book dinner in the Cloisters restaurant, and mentioned that it was our anniversary. When we got to our room, there was an anniversary card and a small box of chocolates for us, which we thought was an unexpected and lovely touch. The room was very spacious and beautifully furnished. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable.

Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived at 11am, so we left our luggage and caught the bus from the main road into the centre of Bath and went to the Roman Baths and the Thermae Bath Spa. It cost £5.20 for 2 singles. As it was a bank holiday, the bus timetable back top the hotel wasn't regular so we took a taxi. When we returned, our luggage had been taken to our room for us.

The price of our stay included dinner in the Cloisters restaurant, which was absolutely delicious. Before eating we were invited for drinks and aperitifs in the lounge whilst looking at the menus. The food was delicious and in a fantastic setting.

We had a full English breakfast the following morning, before checking out. I wish we had booked for 2 nights as we had such an enjoyable time! We would definitely return,

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a couple of days here, have stayed in a few Handpicked Hotels and this was by far the most elegant and well maintained. Staff were lovely, and made such a fuss of our 9 year old. Food excellent. Loved the atmosphere of the Cloisters restaurant. Shame there is no pool.

Room Tip: Would try and stay away from the ground floor, lots of noise from people walking past
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vickiharper
Albany, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Sits just outside Bath. We walked into the city 45 mins. There are bus stops along the way if you want to hop on. Taxi back £7. The hotel itself is very nice, clean, friendly staff. We ate 1 night, food was ok! But nothing spectacular. The cream tea however is a must!!! The scones melt in you mouth. Delicious experience. Breakfast,was full English cooked to order, or almost anything you could want for b/fast.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was great to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about the scones, I will let the kitchen team know.However, Please accept my apologies that you felt dinner was just okay, and I know Peter our head chef would also wish to say sorry. I hope we will see you again if you visit Bath again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a training course. Felt thoroughly spoiled by the time we left. The room was fantastic, bed was very comfortable and fresh milk was appreciated. During our training there were drinks always on tap and more than enough delicious food! The staff were friendly and there always seemed to be someone on hand if you needed anything.
The only thing that disappointed me was the quality of the house red wine. The bar was expensive, and I decided I was happy enough to go for the house red, however the wine was worse than anything I've had for a while. That said it was a minor issue in an otherwise excellent stay.
I do hope I get another chance to come back with work, and I'd definitely consider it for a night or two away with my other half.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel during your 2 day training course. Thank you for your kind words regarding the food and team, they will be pleased to read your comments. I have noted your comments regarding our red wine and I will pass your comments on to our purchasing department.

I hope you won’t leave it too long before visiting us again.

Georgeville
Reviewed 17 April 2014

By reputation, Bath has a very crowded core, so we purposefully looked for a quality hotel away from the center. Set on a treed hill just outside the center (but still very accessible by bus or taxi), Bailbrook was a stunning refurbished country house with added, modern accommodation that was well in keeping with the original property. The valet (Otto ) was exceptional both in terms of his energy in dealing with our luggage, and in providing local guidance (he lived his whole life in a nearby village).Having arrived too late to begin touring town,in the evening, we walked down the hill to the river, crossing a unique toll bridge, and found our way to a re-furbished (due to recent flooding)pub set by a dam on the Avon, and returned again by walking to the hotel. Hotel service and facilities were excellent throughout our short stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we helped towards you enjoying your visit to Bath. Thank you for you kind words regarding Otto, I will make sure that he receives a copy of you review.

I Hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Came with my girlfriend for a two night break. The weather was fantastic which I'm sure has helped with how great the stay in bath has been.

The hotel itself is lovely. Very professional staff who we decided to avoid because we are the sort of people who enjoy our breaks without much interference.

The hotel staff didn't interfere with that and were perfectly attentive when we went to breakfast which was pretty much the only interaction we had with them.

We walked into bath on three occasions during our stay. It's about a 30-40 minute walk but with nice weather it's quite lovely to chat and walk through to the city centre looking at all the fantastic buildings along the way.

The room was well kept and clean. The bathroom the same. The bed ridiculously comfortable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read you brought good weather with you, it does make a difference. I am pleased you found our beds comfortable, we get rave reviews about our beds; a good night’s sleep is so important. Once again thank you for your review and I hope we can welcome you back soon.