“Amazing hotel”

Bailbrook House Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in the bailbrook house classic room, weekend away with the wife. On arrival otto took our bags (very friendly man) to our room and told us places to visit around bath.
The room was amazing, very large and comfortable bed,very clean bathroom.
Breakfast was very nice, staff very friendly.
One of the best hotels we have stayed in so far.
we walked into Bath town which took about 35 mins,
totally enjoyed our stay even if the the weather wasn't that great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the special mention of Otto, I will make sure he reads a copy of your review. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Bailbrook House Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at the Bailbrook at the end of April whilst attending a friends birthday party. Could not fault the staff, service or standards of this hotel.
It maybe a bit out of the centre of Bath, but you would struggle to find a better hotel for the price in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.I hope you had a wonderful party too !

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Went down for a girls weekend away and we had a brilliant stay here-really lovely breakfast too! The location is fine and just a short taxi journey into town.
Staff very helpful-would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was great to read you had a brilliant time with us. Bath is a great city for a girls weekend away - so I am told !

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

WOW a wonderful hotel - we had arranged a block booking for a wedding party - the communication and helpfulness of the all the staff was exceptional !! we were short a few tablecloths for the marquee half an hour away from the hotel - no problem to the fab staff at the Bailbrook they went out of their way to save the day by lending them to us. Every member of staff were superb - the best service I have ever come across and I have stayed in many hotels - I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel - the rooms, the food, everything = BRILLIANT

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaby B

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that we could help you out with table cloths. I hope the wedding went well and you had a fabulous time.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Bailbrook House for a long weekend and loved almost every aspect of it.

The hotel is really easy to find from the M4 and is only a short drive into the city. The lady on reception was very friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Our room was in the more modern block but this did not mean it was any less value for money. The coffee machine is a lovely touch in the room, the bed was massive (6 pillows!!) and incredibly comfy. We a slight issue with the rainwater showerhead, to my mind, if you fit one of these the water pressure should be strong enough to make it worthwhile, however our one seemed to trickle out. On a more postive note, we reported this to reception as we left for dinner and they had descaled it by the time we got back which certainly helped.

Breakfast was the the usual hotel fare, with some dishes such as pancakes and waffles available to order.

Our other "gripe" if you can call it that, is that despite leaving our room on the Sunday by mid-morning, housekeeping had only just started cleaning our room at 3.30 when we arrived back soaked through after walking round the city in the rain and desperate for a hot shower and a fluffy towel. We put this down to a one-off (it was the weekend after all) however we left our room by 9am the next day to get to the spa early and housekeeping were cleaning our room when we arrived back at 4pm.

The staff at Bailbrook are an absolute credit, nothing is too much for them and they are very friendly, special mention to "Andra" (I hope thats her name) who met us each morning for breakfast with a very cheery smile and a joke.

1  Thank becca240280
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Firstly sorry that we had to de-scale your shower, we do have this on a schedule and the room you stayed in is due next week; I am pleased though that we were able to sort it out for you. Thank you for the special mention of Andrada- she will be delighted to read you comments. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I booked the Jane Austin for a weekend for me and my daughter. She was attending a gymnastics competition so we thought we might spoil ourselves, booked evening meals also. We approached the hotel via the long winding driveway. It is stunning. Reception is great and very efficient. Room was amazing, TV popped out from the bottom of the bed - My daughter loved the TV in the bathroom so she could watch tv in the bath. The food was very good and with the extra cost for an easy option of evening meal. The staff here are outstanding in many ways they are very polite and courteous, profession and understanding. Breakfast in the dining room overlooking the gardens was amazing. Everything you could wish for including very freshly squeezed juice of most types. Not much more to ask for really - I was treated like a kind and my daughter like a princess - thank you

Room Tip: Upgrade room if you fancy a real treat. We loved the room as it was so plush and the tv in the bath...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay and the Jane Austen Suite; it is a real treat! The TV in the bathroom is a wonderful touch, some thing most of us don’t have at home. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We took advantage of the heritage breaks with a Dinner B/B
The room in the new block was very nice, however there was no bath.When I queried I was told I should have specifically requested a bath when I booked on line.If the website suggested I should do so I would have! I assumed a luxury hotel would have a bath (I am not booking a travelodge or a premier inn).The receptionist checked if there were any more rooms but there were not.This was rather frustrating as we had walked all day and I wanted a soak
The dinner was nice, service very good (not sure I would have been happy to pay £36 pp though
Breakfast was also good one of the waitresses didn't really know what she was doing which suggests she training required
The positives outweighed the negatives and we had a lovely stay and I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a bath!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to read our guests will return, and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments regarding training required in the Landsdown Restaurant, and I will discuss this with Raj the Restaurant Manager. With regards to your room not having a bath, I will review how we can mention this on the website.