“Excellent stay”

Bailbrook House Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in the Mansion House in a feature room. It exceeded all expectations. The location was ideal for getting into Bath and the food and service in the Cloisters Restaurant could not be faulted. The bedroom was spacious and the en suite with the copper bath was larger than most hotel rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was great to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words about your visit to Cloisters, I will make sure the team receive a copy of your review.Once thank you.

There are newer reviews for Bailbrook House Hotel

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a really nice hotel with large comfortable beds.
The facilities are good, but it is quite a walk into Bath city center.
The staff are very friendly and professional.
Gluton and lactose free products are available for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is extremely impressive from the moment you arrive, looks like a stately home, very grand! Very warm welcome from the staff who were all very attentive and friendly. We arrived quite late but the restaurant was happy to take us, food was absolutely delicious. Rooms were brilliant; well appointed and equipped. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: standard rooms are absolute luxury!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and it is always nice to read our guests will return. Thank you for your kind words about the team, I know they too will be pleased when they read your comments.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed there last weekend over the bank holiday. Due to severe traffic and weather conditions we did not arrive until around 6pm (some 3 hours later than planned) and could not get booked into the restaurant and had to make do with the room service/bar menu which is limited but the food was very nice (chips to die for, I even ordered an extra portion after I'd finished my meal as they were so tasty)!! We stayed in a room in the new part of the hotel which was excellent in all respects. The one thing that does stand out is the staff, they were superb. No matter where our family went, bar, breakfast, reception or walking about the hotel staff would always take time to stop what they were doing and say hello and in some cases chat with us. It is the staff that make this place so good. They hold wedding receptions and functions at the hotel so parking can be a problem... but after driving around for 15 mins on Saturday and giving up I plonked my car in front of reception basically asking the staff to take care of it and it was not an issue for them, but luckily a space became available as they were looking to sort it out.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bailbrook, Guest Relations Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, I am sorry that you were unable to dine in Cloisters as the restaurant was fully booked. We are currently reviewing the room service and bar menus. The triple cooked chips are still on the new menu! I am aware that the car park was busy with guests attending various events over the weekend, I’m glad reception were able to assist in finding a parking space.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff, which I have passed on to the team

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bailbrook House in the future.

Kind regards Michelle

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights here. Just on the outskirts with lovely surroundings and views looking down onto Bath. All the staff looked after us exceptionally well. The food was interesting and tasty with attentive service. Our room was good, the bed and pillows very comfortable. Fridge with fresh milk, kettle for tea etc, and a coffee machine It's a bit too far to walk into Bath if you you don't want to drive in on crowded busy roads, but there are buses that stop almost outside the hotel, with a very frequent service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Walmeractually

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I could not agree more about the beds and pillows, we do receive very favourable comments about our beds and pillows; a good nights sleep is very important.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after booking online and getting a great deal. We did ring direct to book but they could not beat our online quote. (Nearly £200 difference) on arriving we were not disappointed. Not one of the suites unfortunately, but our room was still beautiful, plenty of room, the bed was huge, very comfortable and the pillows were of high quality. Tea and coffee in the room was also high quality. Just a little bit outside Bath, but the hotel is so beautiful it is worth being just that bit out of town. We stayed in room 102, which is on the ground floor so we were woken by trolleys and suitcases being wheeled past our room but they were not overly early so not too bad. Small touches make this a must stay hotel and we would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you could hear luggage being carried in the corridors in the morning. It is always nice to read guests will return; just don’t leave it too long!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was looking for a hotel for my hen party and Bailbrook was recommended to me. The hotel isn't far from the M4. As soon as we arrived at reception in the house we were take care of. Our luggage was take to our rooms for us. We were so surprised that the 'court' was actually adjoined onto the house. The room was outstanding and top marks for cleansiness and attention to detail. This is the best hotel we have stayed in for a long time with quality stamped throughout.
We were served canapés whilst waiting to be taken to cloisters restaurant which was a super touch and the service from the waiters and waitresses was fantastic. The food in the cloisters restaurant was equisite, I had to take photos as it was presented so beautifully. Again after a very satisfying 3 course meal we were served with two plates of chocolates, truffles. Again an unexpected treat :)
We were given our own dining room for afternoon the and champagne and for my hen party meal on the second night. I really had the most amazing time and was spoilt beyond belief. As part of our package we also visited the Thermae spa. We got a taxi straight there and we did have to queue but and what an amazing experience!! Finally, the breakfast on both days again was amazing and the second day we we're given our own table in another room, which again was a nice touch. We were amazed with this hotel and with the comfort we felt here we really didn't want to leave. This really is a hidden gem with bundles of excellence! The website really does not do it justice. Thank you to all the friendly, professional staff. I'm trying to think of the next occasion just so we can return!!! Miss S.Dixon

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Miss Dixon

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent ‘hen party’ celebration.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend, thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff which I have passed on to the team.

With best wishes for your wedding and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Bailbrook House in the future.

Regards Michelle