“great service, beautiful setting”

Bailbrook House Hotel
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 17 June 2014

lovely hotel. good base and central to everything in Bath. Breakfast was really good, with attentive and helpful staff. I received correspondence from the hotel several times before our visit to ensure our needs would be met.
Worth a visit.

Room Tip: we were quite specific regarding requirements... it always helps avoid disappointment
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cheryl m
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It was nice to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, I know they will be pleased to read them.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the time we were greeted at the front door to our departure the staff was wonderfull
and very attentive to our needs. The design of the rooms, beds, linens, baths/showers
all 5 star quality. Food was top notch. You are 1 mile from city center. easy to reach by a bus or short cab ride away, What a nice surprise . i highly recommend it.
Lin

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that your enjoyed your stay. It is always nice to read that guests will recommend us.

Once again thank you and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

So I heard a few mixed reviews about here (after I had booked) and its not clear when making a booking what part of the hotel you would be in so I phoned up to ask and in all fairness the receptionist wasnt very good over the phone. Thats probably where the majority of the bad stuff stays though

The hotel is very pretty and you have aome awesome scenic views. The rooms in the main hotel complex I didnt get too see and we were in the newer part of the hotel. And even though this doesnt really suit the age of the hotel and you may read negative comments about it. Its really quite nice in there. Spacious rooms and plenty of amazing coffee to choose from. 2 showers in the bathroom was good too see (although cut my finger quite badly as the door to the walk in shower slams quite hard. Only real complaint was the walls are a little thin and we heard some noiseys from the room next door, little off putting

The breakfast was nice but felt a little wrong having potatoes on the serving area and no mushrooms. Tasted amazing though

Staff all over were very polite and attentive and you could easily have a conversation with them and upon arrival it was great to be offered a free room upgrade

Pricing. I booked though one of these late deal places and paid £160 ish for one night. Overall im not quite sure this is justifiable but its not too overly priced. I would of said 120 - 130

Thanks very much and we shall be back

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a wonderful break at Bailbrook House. The House itself is beautiful and the lodge addition tastefully blended. An oasis of peace with easy access to Bath - parking no problem in the centre of Bath at Charlotte Street car park. The staff (from cleaners to restaurant to reception) were outstanding - friendly, polite, definitely putting their clients first - particular note to Mark the concierge and Spanish receptionist, Maria; impressive considering the hotel was hosting a wedding for 150 a the time we arrived. We heard no noise from the celebrations and disco held later that evening. The room was spacious and immaculate with nice touches - fresh milk and water in the fridge. A birthday gift of cheese, wine and fruit was superbly presented along with a card. My birthday breakfast in the Cloisters restaurant was really lovely - a choice of local produce beautifully cooked. This "Hand Picked" hotel certainly lived up to its name - I couldn't recommend more highly and hope to visit again.

Room Tip: If you can afford to stay in the individually decorated hotel rooms, do so for a special treat. The...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salsaqueen1810

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us. Thank you for the special mention for Mark and Monica, they will be delighted to read your comments. It is always nice to read guests would like to return - just don’t leave it too long!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I took my 91 year-old mother to visit an old friend and booked this hotel as it was just two miles away. On arrival, we were greeted and extremely well looked after, taken to our rooms, advised the best place to park for easy access to our rooms. Excellent service. The rooms were opposite each other in the new part of the hotel, not the lovely old building, and well-equipped for disabled guests. We also noticed on arrival that there was a wedding but we were advised that the party venue was at the back of the hotel and would not interfere with our stay. Sadly this was not the case, as I was kept awake at night and then woken early too. I mentioned this on check out and was told that my comments would be noted. Breakfast was very good, as was the service, although the breakfast room is rather bland - again in the new wing. On check out I heard that some guests had paid only £25 per room - the rack rate is over £300! Rather disappointing to hear that when you have paid well into three figures for two single rooms. It does make you wonder..............

Room Tip: Don't have a room near the doors to the breakfast room (109/110) as you will not get a good nigh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sissy55
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. On the whole I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that you were disturbed by wedding guest returning to their rooms; we do put notices up at the exit to the Brunel Suite asking guests to respect other guests when returning to their rooms; I am sorry that this did not work. With regards to the rate, we do not have rates at £25.00.We do have packages which are paid in advance by 3rd parties leaving guests to pay for extras and upgrades only on departure. I have checked the rates for that night and I am confident that no one paid £25.00.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We booked our weekend break at Bailbrook House via booking.com and stayed Friday and Saturday evening. Bailbrook House is approximately 1 1/2 miles out of bath itself.
We had a fantastic break. The hotel is possibly one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff are very friendly but in a professional manner. The room was very clean and very very comfortable. We dined there on the friday evening and had a very nice meal. The breakfast was excellent. Overall we have no complaints what so ever and would definately stay there again. cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mckibbenfamily

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.It is always nice to read our guests have enjoyed thier stay.Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, they will be dleighetd when they read your comments.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We should have written this review several weeks ago, as we stayed here for a wedding over the weekend of 3 rd May and it was lovely, the hotel building itself is very impressive, the rooms and beds very comfortable, but the staff made it for me from the moment we arrived to the moment we left every member of staff we encountered, reception, bar, restaurants, domestic etc were so pleasant helpful and professional I think they are the best hotel staff we have ever had. Well done to all at Bailbrook House we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the wedding. Thank you very much for your kind words about the team, I know they will be pleased when they read them. I hope we can welcome you back soon and hopefully next time you will have a chance to explore Bath.