“Beautiful Hotel but”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel but”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel set in lovely grounds very near to Bath. Everyone is very pleasant and helpful but on our return after our first day in Bath a large piece of broken glass was found on the bathroom carpet along with other little pieces. When I went into the bathroom there was more broken glass on the floor and even a piece in the shower unit. The lady from housekeeping was doing the rounds and she got a cleaner and immediately did both bedroom and bathroom floors. My husband is diabetic and there could have been very serious consequences if he had gone into the shower with bare feet and cut his feet on the glass. The lady from housekeeping said she would report the broken glass. I at least expected an apology from management but we are still waiting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you found broken glass in your bedroom. This was not reported to me. I will discuss this with Angnas our Housekeeping Supervisor so I can investigate where our communication fell short. In the meantime could I please ask that you email me with the date you stayed - jsquire@handpicked.co.uk. Once again please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Finnish first
Devizes
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I went to Bailbrook House with my wife for a birthday treat. Staff were excellent and very helpful. We stayed in the Thomas Gainsborough room in which my wife and I were blown away by, a huge and extremely comfortable bed with a generous bathroom with a tv in the wall by the bath, which nailed it for me. I couldn't fault the place until the evening meal. My starter came out and parts of the order weren't put on the plate I had to remind the waitress what was actually on the menu, they didn't clear up empty glasses on our table and my wife's main was....well, let's say she didn't finish it. It's a shame but if you're paying that sort of money for a meal you'd expect it to be perfect. Overall hotel, staff and rooms excellent, restaurant not so.

• Stayed June 2014
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. On the whole I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay; it is always nice too to read that our guests will return. Thank you for your feedback regarding Cloisters Restaurant, I am sorry that this did not live up to your expectations. I have discussed your comments with the senior kitchen team and asked that your comments are reviewed with the rest of the team. This should not have happened and once again I am sorry.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a delightful hotel. Perfect for a romantic get away. The service and rooms are lovely, clean and tidy and the staff can't do enough to help you. We enjoyed our stay and recommend this place, it also has lovely walks and lovely afternoon teas. This is an idyllic setting and if you get a room with a view of the gardens they are breath-taking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee m
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words regarding the team, I know they will be delighted to read your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

nice hotel, nice surroundings, relaxed atmosphere, no dress code as they want you to feel at home, really nice room, clean and tidy, really friendly and helpful staff on reception.
only downside had to wait until 5pm for bar to open.

Brenchley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had an amazing weekend at Bailbrook house, everything was of great quality. Lovely room with comfortable beds. lovely grounds to wonder around, and excellent restaurants to dine at. there was literally nothing wrong with the hotel! We could not have asked for more in service and quality!

aylesbury, bucks
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just back from 2 night stay in Deluxe Double Rooms in Main House.
The only problem we had related to getting a good nights sleep. We were woken by the very loud noise of our neighbours running a bath at 11.30. Also, our room was only one corridor door away from reception, this door was opened at some time during the night (fire regs?) this meant we were woken at 6.30 by staff talking. This got very loud at 7.00 and I had to ask for quiet and I shut the door. When I raised this matter the Duty Manager was apologetic and is aware of the problem. Sadly no compensation was offered which left a bad taste.
Our room, Valentine Jones, was lovely with high ceiling. Room and bathroom well equipped. TV built in to bath. Just lacked a view unless you went up to raised seating area. The Lounges, Conservatory bar and Cloisters restaurant were all very comfortable. Breakfast was served in the Cloisters and was very pleasant. Everything bought to the table, no buffet. We had one dinner, which was also excellent. The staff took time to talk with us and made all the meals a delight.
Would have no hesitation in returning, just not that room.

Room Tip: Main house is lovely, just avoid Valentine Jones room.