“Great Bath Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Bath Hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Bailbrook House hotel was a great base for our visit to Bath and surrounding area (once we had located the hotel). It is a short drive from the center of Bath, but the location, rooms and facilities were just what we wanted and the service was excellent. We were jet-lagged after flying in from the US the day before, but when we overslept and missed breakfast they phoned our room (rather than us calling them) and followed up promptly with a room service breakfast. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Finnish first
Kent, UK
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend break for girlfriends 21st birthday. Was set in a beautiful location only short drive from the city centre. Breathtaking views, helpful staff, room was perfect, with a really good choice of breakfast. Would definitely stay here again, would recommend to anyone.

Stayed June 2014
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband booked this hotel for my birthday and chose the location as we need to visit an immediate family member in hospital.
On check-in all the discussion was directed at my husband, including wishing only him a pleasant visit.
At breakfast the same treatment continued - the initial greeting and the manager only asking him if his breakfast was good and put his back to me !!
Overall the breakfast service was poor. Our breakfast bowls etc. were not cleared until we had finished our breakfast and tables surrounding us were not cleared so our part of the room looked messy.

To finish our experience off my husband now has a very bad back due to the mattress sinking and being unsupportive.

3 Thank HarrietN9000
England
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We only stayed one night and wished we'd booked for a longer weekend.

The hotel is located at the end of a long drive off the main road which cannot be heard from the rooms. I would say its approximately 3 miles from the centre of Bath, or 5 minutes in a taxi at night.

Its divided into two parts, old and new. We stayed in the older part of the building, the main Hotel, but there is nothing old about the rooms.
I can only speak for our room, William Pitt, but this was large, airy and incredibly well equipped. A fantastic large comfy bed, excellent coffee making facility, small fridge with milk and water in, gaint flat screen TV and a beautiful large bathroom. There was LED lighting and even a presence sensor inside the wardrobe! However most surprising was a TV set into the marble Bath/ Shower wall, with a waterproof controller, I have stayed in a lot of good hotels and never have I seen this before, not even in a suite at the Langham in London or New York.

The staff are incredibly helpful, they went out of their way to ensure everything was as you wanted. The conceirge that day, Mark, took us to our room and was most helpful and welcoming.The night conceirge talked us through maps of Bath, the best place to park and was again informative and attentive.

Breakfast in the morning was sumptuous, the staff again excellent. I understand there is a choice for breakfast, buffet style across at the newer part of the hotel or full service style within the main part of the hotel. We went down into the Cloisters for the full service and it really was full service. Again in comparisons with other hotels, this place absolutely surpasses many 5* hotels I have stayed at.

What a beautiful, peaceful place to stay for a weekend in Bath, I would certainly highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I think the best rooms are located in the main part of the Hotel. They all have names rather than nu...
1 Thank TwitterEngland
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I came to this hotel on Tuesday 1st of July, at 1am as I was heading back to Pembroke for the boat. The hotel was unfortunately fully booked much to my disappointment I was greeted by the hotel night porter who invited me and offered to look up hotels in the area. I also met other staff in the hotel who were so pleasant offering tea and coffee use of bathroom facilities. The staff rang all local hotels for us when leaving staff offer water to us for our journey and wished all well. when I return to England this will be the first hotel I shall return I was ever so grateful for staff help.

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

The stay was as last minute reservation booked through the company travel agent, not usually a good thing, but this was a pleasant surprise.

After a problematic check in (due to the last minute reservation) I was escorted to the room by a friendly and knowledgable member of staff.

The room was an executive double, comfortable in size, with the usual amenities, coffee, water, etc.

The furniture was in good condition, and the supplied toiletries a good standard.

The bar and patio areas were nice to enjoy a drink, especially as the weather was good.

Overall a pleasing experience, convenient for Bath and excellent links to M4.

Stayed June 2014
lincolnshire
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

2 night stay in the modern block. Room very nice with huge very comfy bed. Well equipped rooms, small fridge with fresh milk was very nice rather than normal long life sachets. All staff very attentive and helpful. Breakfast was very good and set you up for the day, enjoyed our stay and would love to return and stay in one of the mansion block rooms as a special treat. Would recommend this hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple