“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bailbrook House Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Bailbrook House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Bath
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked this hotel for my partners birthday. When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded, we were given the Henry Talbot room. The bed is amazing (don’t know how I got up on the Sunday morning) the room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was an impressive size with a lovely freestanding bath and television on the wall. We had our breakfast delivered to the room for a small fee of £3, only problem was we didn’t have a table and the staff who brought the food didn’t know what to do and didn’t offer to go and get one so we ate on our laps, not too much of a problem but would of been nice to sit comfortably. Overall we had a lovely time and the upgrade just topped off my boyfriend’s birthday.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that your enjoyed your stay and the Henry Talbot room was everything you expected for your boyfriend's birthday. The Mansion House rooms and suites are perfect for a special occasion. I am sorry that we did not provide a table for breakfast or offer to relay this in the room, to enable you to enjoy 'breakfast-in-bed' in comfort.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just returned from an overnight stay at the hotel on the Sunday Club Package which includes afternoon tea, evening meal and breakfast. The check in was fast and pleasant and then we were taken to our room by Mark who was excellent, he gave us loads of information and was very helpful and immediately made us feel very welcome. We had an executive room in the annexe which you couldn't fault, Plenty of room and spotlessly clean along with a lovely coffee machine. Afternoon tea was served in one of the lounges and was lovely with lots of lemon curd and clotted cream, Delicious! Evening meal was equally as delicious and was served in Cloisters Restaurant, we were lucky enough to have a table with spectacular views. I did think the wine menu was overprice but that is the norm with this type of hotel. After a lovely comfortable night sleep and lovely rain shower we went for breakfast which was served in he new part rather than the main house. I feel here is where it let itself down slightly by having a buffet breakfast and not cooking the bacon and eggs etc.. freshly for you. Cooked items do tend to get hard after standing in the heat for a while so i was slightly disappointed with this. However, all in all i thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will definitely visit here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments about the team and the special mention of Mark; he will be delighted to read your comments. It was nice to read you enjoyed your experience in Cloisters Restaurant. I have also noted your comment about breakfast and I will discuss this with Manuel our Head Chef - please accept my apologies. On a final note it was nice to read you will re visit, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited bath for a weekend away from London and as it was a special occasion decided to stay in the suite. The photos online looked amazing and once we arrived it was even more romantic and beautiful than we could have ever imagined! The fixtures and fittings were modern yet traditional and the grounds beautiful too. The staff were attentive and helpful and it made our weekend even more magical! What a treat!!

Stayed March 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that your enjoyed your stay and that your suite was everything you expected. The Mansion House rooms and suites are perfect for a special occasion. Thank you for your kind words about the team; I know they will be pleased when they read your comments.

I hope we can welcome you back soon

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here in may with my sister and her friends for her hen night ,perfect choice. You may be put off knowing they have hen nights but we were well behaved hens (well most of the time). We arrived on the Friday night showed to our rooms which were beautiful, couldn't fault it in anyway, we had an evening meal in the restaurant downstairs, how beautiful, it was out of this world, the staff were lovely. On the Saturday we had breakfast which had everything you could ask for , even my sisters soya milk!! we went off to the spa in bath which was included in the price which was also amazing roof top pool, steam pods, downstairs pool , range of spa treatments at extra cost, TIP: go early to spa as there is a queue to get in. we headed back to hotel for afternoon tea with champagne, then another amazing three course meal at 6.00 to which the staff had arranged our own private room , the table was set beautiful and staff put the tv on with music channels for us. we had taxis to the town where we went to cocktail bars etc, on the sunday we had another lovely all you can eat breakfast and as there were more of us hens that morning we had a beautiful table set out for all of us. Couldn't ask for anymore from this hotel, can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tracy j
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. What a great way to have a break from all those wedding day plans! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your kind words about the team, I know they will be pleased to read them. Not sure if your sister has had the wedding yet, if she has I hope it went well; if not have a great day.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We booked a dinner bed breakfast two night package here, as haven't been to bath before. We had our nine month old who unfortunately developed croup and probably kept neighbours up (sorry!) although Wales were pretty thick. We ended staying in the court part of it, which had lovely big rooms facing out onto the garden, modern , spacious and very comfortable.
The only (nitpicking) thing was the large dinner plate shower head made it difficult to rinse my hair-seemed to be in there for ages!! And the silicon around the shower was grubby but the shower /bathroom itself was spotless. Staff could not have been more helpful for us and the wee one, and breakfast buffet was wonderful,great choice and allowing you to help yourself.

The hotel was a bit out of town centre, but plenty of parking in bath. Can also get the boat over to town from near the hotel.
The food was amazing in our dinner option, and again staff were brilliant in making sure we had all we needed for baby too.
Wonderful place, would definitely go back, and Bath itself is a fab friendly place too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Stickybun1
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. To my knowledge no commented on your baby coughing, I hope that he or she is better now. It is always nice to read that guests will return; we hope to welcome you back soon.

Batley,West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Well up to HPH standard, staff friendly, very clean, full of character, food to die for. Only one problem Room 110 is classed as an accessible room, however the bathing facilities consists of a bath, which would be useless for someone wheelchair bound and myself a leg amputee. A wet room with drop down seat would be much better. Can I ask that if someone calls Central Reservations for an accessible room it be made clear exactly what the facilities are. That having been said it is a superb hotel, but if you have a disability that requires a seat in the shower, and you are staying more the a couple of nights, room 110 is not for you.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yorkie_Bar
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review. On the whole I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the team. I have sent you a separate email to you with regards to room 110.I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have just spent a 2 night stay at Bailbrook House and can't fault it at all. Gorgeous location, beautiful grounds, very attentive staff and the food was wonderful.
We were made to feel welcome from the start at the check in. Nothing was to much trouble and our taxi for the following day was sorted as we checked in.
Our room was very spacious and was very high spec, with fantastically comfy bed. There was a wonderful selection of tea and coffee including a Tassimo coffee machine with a selection of Tassimo coffee! there was even fresh milk in the fridge along with complimentary water.
This weekend end has been extremely hot but the air conditioning in the room was excellent and kept the room really cool which was wonderful to walk back into.
The bathroom was very spacious and the shower over the bath was very good,it was lovely to have large bath sheets and not just small bath towels.
We had an evening meal on Friday night in The Cloisters restaurant and that was amazing, the quality of the food and service was excellent. Breakfast offers a very wide range of dishes to suit all tastes and I had incredibly delicious grilled mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes and sausages , there was also a good selection of cereal and continental breakfast.
Would certainly stay again should we be back in Bath.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank Vanessa D
Bailbrook, General Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your fabulous review, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It was nice to read that you enjoyed some of our extra touches; fresh milk, coffee machine and more importantly in this weather, the air conditioning. The chefs will be delighted with your kind words about your visit to Cloisters. I hope we can welcome you back soon.