Bailbrook House Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
1,942 results
All reviewscloisters restaurantconservatory barhand picked hotelshandpicked hotelsnew wingthe main houselovely hotelexecutive roomcoffee machineafternoon teafresh milk in the fridgeon arrivalbuffet stylemain restaurantcity centredvd playerwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2014

This is a lovely hotel situated on the outskirts of Bath
I liked: A beautiful building with plenty of parking which I gather is rare for Bath hotels. All the staff were very good, polite and helpful. Room was a good size with some nice features including a subtle night light in the bathroom automatically activated for those awkward nocturnal visits. What a good idea. A great choice at the buffet breakfast.

I disliked: Not a lot really. Although main building is nice, the extension with the bedrooms looks a bit plain. Also, as with so many hotels, the bathroom fittings put more emphasis on appearance than function. Turning an unmarked chrome dial each way seemed to only give a choice of hot or very hot water. What's wrong with taps?

Overall, I would recommend the hotel

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bailbrook, Manager at Bailbrook House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for saying you would recommend us. I am sorry that you found the shower valve hard to use.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights for a short break in the city. 1.5 miles from town but the number 13 bus at the end of the impressive drive goes to town. Standard room in the modern extension part of the hotel which was clean and had everything needed. Some slight discoloration of the tiles and silicon in the shower but otherwise fine. Complimentary milk missing on arrival but instantly rectified by reception who called a few minutes after arrival to check everything was satisfactory. Comfy beds. Good choice at breakfast including full English buffet, cereals and fruit or continental pastries, or freshly cooked pancakes, waffles, omelette or kippers. We didn't eat in the Cloisters restaurant for evening meals so cannot comment on this but the pub grub options in the conservatory bar looked to be well received. Reception staff were keen to help with directions to the local boat trip from Bathampton Mill to Pultney Bridge and by road to Lacock Village. We didn't get to enjoy the grounds due to the weather and it would benefit from having a spa as it has plenty of space , but a very nice hotel as a base for a city break.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacs321

Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased on the whole you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your note on a couple of housekeeping points I will discuss these with our Head Housekeeper and ensure that re training is carried out with the room attendants.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Nice quiet location out if town. Lovely helpful cheerful staff. Old house with character. Room I stayed I comfortable well furnished, nice fabrics large bluffs towels etc. the room was very modern and in a new wing but very well appointed. Corridor a little noisy at night but guess that could happen anywhere
Overall excellent

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vron O

Thank you for posting a review on tripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about the room. I am sorry that you were disturbed by guests returning to their rooms.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here just one night on Bank Holiday Monday and met work colleagues for dinner in the basement restaurant, Cloisters.
The hotel was easy to access, and our room was in the new section of the building. The room was well proportioned and had everything we needed. The bed, quilt and pillows were luxurious, which was a relief after the hotel we had stayed in the previous night in Plymouth.
The WiFi worked properly.
We had a drink in the bar, and the service was professional and friendly. I wouldn't describe it as cosy, but it was relaxed and a pleasant place to sit. There's an outside terrace to sit when the weather is fair.
The restaurant was very nice and we liked the food. The price was very reasonable.
We were very impressed by the personal service we received particularly from the duty manager and from the breakfast staff in the morning subsequently.
Only point for me was that the breakfast was not cooked to order, although it was very nice none the less.
Its a shame its too far to walk into Bath city centre, but regardless, I would certainly have no hesitation in staying here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2014

A beautiful hotel situated on the outskirts of Bath. Really easy to get to, which is a plus given Bath's awful traffic!. It has the most impressive drive and the hotel looks fabulous as you approach it. Plenty of parking as well. The staff were helpful and thorough. Our room was quite a walk from reception but well appointed and comfortable. Drinks and food in the Conservatory Bar were both expensive.

Breakfast buffet food was cold! Cold Bacon, cold fried eggs, cold tomatoes, cold beans. Hot sausages as they had just come out of the Kitchen. What a shame. A total let down. For £159 for B&B this is not acceptable. Management should be on top of this! Breakfast is the last thing you remember about a hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple