“Simple surroundings, excellent food.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GPT Smokehouse

GPT Smokehouse
Ranked #49 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath
“Simple surroundings, excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Had an excellent meal at the GPT Smokehouse last evening.

Had the Dirty Burger, which I originally thought at £13.50, was a bit pricey. However, when the food was delivered, I was not disappointed and was very satisfied by the end of it. Loved the pulled pork on top of the burger (although not advertised on the menu as having it, so if you're not a pork fan, then might be a bit of a surprise!).

Service was excellent, the kind where you are attended to, but not in an obtrusive manner as you get at some restaurants.

The sweetcorn and jalapeno fritters on the starter menu are exquisite.

Would definitely be visiting again - got to try the ribs next time, they looked awesome.

Well done GPT Smokehouse.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Bath, United Kingdom
“My new favourite place to eat in Bath.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Everything is just right about this place - The wonderful food, the hospitality, service and atmosphere. In fact, the GPT Smokehouse is responsible for the best burger I've ever eaten, and considering only 2 months ago we were on holiday in America that's no mean feat.
Trying to justify going for dinner today
"I suppose if we have the one meal today, that's in line with the January diet, right?"

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday roast with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing, and there was plenty of it.. the atmosphere was good & the service was excellent. They made us welcome even though we had a small child with us, and they went out of their way to make everything a good experience.. many thanks

1 Thank Dave E
Bath, United Kingdom
“Superior Sunday Roasts...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Finding a decent sunday roast, and I mean a PROPER sunday roast in any town is the mission of most people week on week across the country and I have been on this journey for years!!

But, alas, the joy of christmas brought some fabulous news and the Green Park Tavern was taken over by the Tack brothers who used to own our old roast joint, Banglo. Now called The GPT Smokehouse, the place has undergone a substantial makeover; from the beautiful brown leather sofas that you can sink into after your meal, or the quirky back room used for parties, no corner has been left unturned here!

The staff look pretty slick too. We thought our waitresses white shirt, with turned up denim jeans and daps with a lovely apron looked casual but smart at the same time. The managers were very much a part of the service and delivered our food to us and came back to check the food was up to scratch....even throwing in some extra gravy so I could finish every last bit on my plate...

My beef was cooked to a rosy medium rare, just perfect. The yorkshire pudding (which I was informed comes with all meat varieties, not just beef - PHEW!) was exactly how I've always wished I could make 'em and never quite mastered it! You know, the fluffy, dense sort we all aim for and I certainly don't achieve?! The roast potatoes were perfectly crispy on the outside and at just £14.50 for a BEEF roast you simply cannot fault this!

If you are looking for a proper sunday roast this is the place for you. This is a place for families, friends, couples and parties of people something not many pubs in Bath are able to cater for to a high standard...a definite all rounder!

• Visited December 2013