“Amazing sized portions!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of GPT Smokehouse

GPT Smokehouse
Ranked #49 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Amazing sized portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We had a couple of the biggest dishes on the menu, as they had a variety on them. I think at about £15/18 each we weren't expecting to basically get a tray of food.

Really quick, good quality and a huge selection of drinks on tap.

All of the food we saw getting carried out looked amazing so we'll definitely be back!

Birmingham
“Food delicious - but book in advance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I remember this place from when it used to be the student pub called Green Park Tavern. I really missed that place when it closed down, so I was very excited when I started to notice the builders doing work on it and part of me was hoping it would return to its former glory. When I stepped into it after the refurbishment it was unrecognisable, I mean you could actually see the floor.

The interior was much more welcoming for families; however, make sure you book in advance as the waitress struggled to find us a table despite the restaurant being empty. This place is a meat lovers paradise, I would implore everyone to try the buffalo wings, the sauce on these bad boys was out of this world and I only wish it was served by the pint. I couldn't remember the rest of the meal after the wings, I mean I would go again purely to enjoy the wings again. Only downside is they don't sell the ropey local ciders out of boxes like they used to in the student pub days.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Utilis
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very friendly - relaxed restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Visited this place for Father's Day with a large group of us including children - were greeted straight away walking through the door! Seen to our table which wasn't ready but they had a busy day understandable on Father's Day the kids were offered balloons, they popped the World Cup on for us, nothing was too much trouble for these people - the food was superb the dirty burger is far from dirty yet one of the best burgers I have ever had the idea for pulled BBQ pork in a burger surrounded by every known topping! It was a mouthful to say the least even holding this giant thing! We were then offered a free drink or dessert for the dad's which was the icing on the cake! Needless to say we will be coming back time and time again!

1 Thank Stu L
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Delicious, authentic food and great drinks; nothing too much trouble - our kids were offered anything they wanted in slightly smaller portions (tempting even for an adult, given the size). Laid-back but sophisticated space, can be treated as a great pub as well as a fine restaurant. World Cup playing in a separate, discrete room, good to check on the highlights.
The smoker is the star of the show (beyond the staff) and we're currently building up appetites to have a go at the Platter...

1 Thank Nightingale12
Witney, United Kingdom
“OK - has potential! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Inside the restaurant/bar it's appointed well, loved the decor and "relaxed" feeling to it all. We were celebrating a special occasion but left feeling deflated. The waitresses need to undergo some further training, we had several drinks spilt on us and the table (different waitress each time) with little effort to clear it up. My husband & I both had starters (duck and the tempura veggies)...both ok, but under seasoned and lacking a great amount of flavour. My husband had the dirty burger and loved it, one happy customer. However I had the ribs (infamous I thought), but was thoroughly disappointed and sent them back...they were bone cold and tough/chewy. The staff were very apologetic and took it off the bill, however I didn't fancy my chances with anything else. The owner/manager (I assume), came over, again apologised, insisted I had something else, etc. And this gesture was appreciated. However after an already lacklustre exprience and my husband had already finished his meal, I didn't have anything. We decided to skip dessert and head back into central bath for drinks. This place has so much potential, but really isn't filling it. Am sorry to leave a negative review, had hoped for better!

1 Thank KadieTOxford