“Disappointing”
Review of Radstock Hotel

Radstock Hotel
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I usually book my own rooms when travelling on business, but I allowed someone to book this one for me. Oh dear! The room was rather shabby and a bit 'sad'. Not having a lot of hair, I didn't have to use the wall mounted hair dryer. Just as well, since the tube that should carry the air to the nozzle was completely perished. The window was jammed open and the shower was clearly built for much slimmer individuals than me! The bar area was rather drab and uninviting. To be fair, other colleagues, also staying, had better room experiences.

Breakfast, however, was rather good and served early to accommodate an early start to work.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed here for one night with some family members as we were attending a wedding in the local area. I'd read some bad reviews before arriving so was a little worried but actually we had a good stay. We arrived early without having arranged an early check-in but the staff were very accommodating and got one of our rooms ready early so that we could change before the wedding. Our room was a good size, comfy, bright and warm, although the wallpaper was peeling off the walls so it did look a little tatty. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room although the cartons of UHT milk provided were out-of-date (however we used them and no harm was done!)

The biggest problem was that the room had single-glazed sash windows which weren't very good at keeping out the street noise - I had earplugs with me so slept ok but my sister found it very noisy. Also the floorboards creak really badly so you can hear other guests moving around the place. I would recommend earplugs if you stay here!

The full English breakfast was lovely and just what we needed after a night out, however it was a little on the small side.

Overall we had a good stay although I would expect a slightly higher standard of accommodation for what we paid (£65 for a twin room).

Room Tip: I'd go for a room at the back to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Sunday Carvery.....fantastic, all locally sourced fresh veg, massive roast....beef was med, rare just as I like it....Chef was so polite warned my mother re hot plates, choice of meats and vegetables. best value for money ever....£7.95 for two courses (child friendly, and nice rustic ambience). Will be back regularly! But bet I'll need to book after people read this!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 4 January 2012

okay,room we stayed in needs updating but it was clean and cleaned on our stay,breakfast was good and owners made us feel welcome

Room Tip: four poster room enormous,plus at the back hardly any noise
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

On arrival was greeted,told about the keys and room,off we went,Room 6 big room small TV on top of a chest of drawers,and a HUGE TV on the floor obviously broken.
The towels where rock hard as was the bed.The bathroom consisted of sink ,toilet,shower over bath, white tape around the edges of bath to hold front in place.Noise from road could be minamised by investing in double glazing .
Breakfast was average.Left keys on bar when we departed no one was around.
Overall i think some money should be spent on a major referb.No way it desrves a 3 Star rating.

A.Lodge

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I am working in the area and stay during the week. The hotel staff go out of there way to accommodate my non-animal food preference. The rooms that I have stayed in at the top of the hotel are specious, on-suit, double glazed.

The locals at the bar are friendly and welcoming even though I am a politely spoken Tunbridge Wells, Kent man.

I am looked after well by hard working staff. Excellent location for Public Transport. Busy road outside I have got used to.

Room Tip: I am told the top floor is best. But I can't really say. The Hotel has been run down and brought...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We booked this place at the last minute as we found Bath too expensive and were a bit shocked when we arrived to find we were in a pub on a major road.
However the room upstairs was very nice and the noise from the road very slight with the window closed. The restaurant was closed that night so we had to go into Bath to eat,but we were very pleased at our lovely, clean, value for money find.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple