“Nice host, great breakfast”
Review of Radstock Hotel

Radstock Hotel
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Hong Kong
“Nice host, great breakfast”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The host is super friendly, we love him.  The location of the hotel is within a small town, and a supermarket, a few takeaways of different kinds of food is around.  There is even a museum in town, but I assume it to be quite small.  The rooms are nice, housekeeping is detailed.  The toilets are quite big and everything works well.  The shower is quite big and some rooms have bath.  Breakfast is made with 'heart'.  The hotel is on the way to Bath.  If you have a car, it is a nice distance away from the city centre.  I also see buses crossing by.  Wifi is strong, even on the top floor.
With all the good things said, I have to say I won't consider the hotel again.  It was summer, and the rooms are hot! They do not have enough fans to go around, therefore we had to open the windows to sleep.  Unfortunately, the hotel is next to a very busy road.  Cars, trucks and a certain amount of motorcycle pass by day and night.  Even if I was very tired, I still get waken up by the noise.  Also, with the windows open, the air is still stiff.  If you are not going in summer, then I would say it is a hotel to be recommended for those who would want to visit Bath and do not want to be in the city centre.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank VeraNov

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sheffield
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Very welcoming.Clean and comfy rooms.Lower floors could do with upgrade.
meals very good.Very convenient for buses.Excellent service to Bath.
Disappointed with quality of real ale-didn't seem to be kept that well.!
Staff were very friendly however.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Paul W
portishead
Reviewed 22 August 2013

was in Radstock and needed lunch. Seemed the most attractive option of a limited choice.
They did a 2 for £12 offer which seemed reasonable.
Felt we were the only people in the pub so no real atmosphere or ambiance.
Food came promptly and was fine.
Service was average.
Would come back for lunch but wouldn't go out of my way for an evening

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hucknall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We arrived at the Radstock after a tiring trip in the rain. We were made very welcome by the friendly staff and was soon settled into a comfortable room. The meals were fine and all in all it was an excellent place to start our tour of Somerset. The only downside was the lack of a lift.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mo N
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

never thought of eating here until we got caught in a deluge of rain! Staff are fantastic nothing too much trouble and the portion sizes are great especially for my 16 year old grandson who has hollow legs! Always been put off by the end of work day regulars who clutter up the outside space - but for lunchtime believe me there is nowhere to touch them locally!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Weton-Super-Mare
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have eaten here on several occassions and the food is amazing, fresh, tasty and very generous portions. The carvery is amazing and very reasonable. I have no hesitation in recommendimg the Radstock Hotel for delicious dining, large portions and reasonable prices. The staff are very friendly nothing is too much trouble.. I recommend you try it out..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sammie2306
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Walking in to the Radstock I have to admit it was not what I was expecting. It was a pub and looked dated. However, we checked in and the landlady was very welcoming. She showed us to our room, on the top floor which was newly decorated and had double windows to prevent noise from the road. This was more like it. I have read that the new owners are doing it up when they can and have to say what they have started is great. As for food, it was lovely good honest pub food exactly as you would want it and at a good price too. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were all lovely and I wish them all the best. I'd definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends