My wife and I stayed at the Bath House for one night. we live in Salisbury and decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary with a night in Bath and the following day at the Thermae Spa.
I booked about a month in advance and was pleased to be able to obtain a large en-suite double room with four poster bed and breakfast for just £92, which is a steal considering the house is practically in the city centre. On booking, confirmation was sent by email and a map of Bath, comprehensive list of pubs/restaurants and local attractions was also attached, which was a great idea. All my questions were answered promptly by Kim by email and an immediate rapport was evident, which gave the feeling of the personal touch and made me feel valued as a guest.
The location is superb with all of Bath city centre within no more than 10 minutes walking, although parking is limited, the owners did their very best to accommodate our car and offered us the use of their own private garage or a permit to park locally. Couldn't ask for more really, very helpful.
The room was lovely. Large and clean. well appointed with some really nice touches. Despite only mentioning that it was our anniversary in passing, the owners had decorated the room with ribbons and confetti which was subtly done and a really nice touch. The four poster bed was comfortable and gave a feeling of oppulence. Ipod docking station, wall mounted widescreen TV, biscuit barrell, a fridge with fresh milk in a flask and 'rainforest' type shower were all nice touches and show attention to detail not always evident in these establishments.
Breakfast was served on a tray and eaten in our room, a good choice of food was offered which we ordered using a simple tick the box system the night before and delivered on time the next morning. We liked this aspect of breakfast as one does not always want to interact with other guests first thing in the morning and allowed us to eat in privacy. The standard of food was very good, cooked well and nicely presented.
All in all, a very good establishment, with quiet, efficient but unobtrusive proprieters. A large, clean room with some nice attention to detail and with a super location. great value for money, i will definately be staying again and would not hesitate to recommend the Bath House to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique B&B (and serviced apartments) in the heart of Bath, just five minutes level walk to all major attractions including the Crescent, Spa, Abbey and Roman Baths. Stylish AIR-CONDITIONED en-suite B&B rooms with king-size beds, free Wi-Fi, LCD TVs, iPod docks, mini fridges, hairdryers, fluffy towels, information guides and a generous hospitality tray. For extra pampering, breakfast is served in the PRIVACY OF YOUR OWN ROOM. Luxury 1 and 2 bed Apartments also available - ideal for families, couples, small groups or corporate bookings. FREE PARKING. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your The Bath House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bath House Luxury b&b
- The Bath House Luxury Hotel Bath